Author Topic: Toyota AD !!  (Read 10828 times)

Offline Lt.Fubar

• Fledgling
  • Chasing the sunset
Re: Toyota AD !!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 02:04:46 PM »
It is actually quite interesting that during the few years of studying I heard many times about Toyota company as a example of an attitude toward engineering and management. All of them good and inspiring.

One such story is about the beginning of one seasoned manager at one of new US branches of Toyota. The bosses from Japan came to a meeting, so he prepared a typical for western company presentation about how awesome his division is, and how much money it made. When he finished the CEO said: "Listen, we know you are good, that's why you got the job. We are not here to hear about your successes, tell us about your problems."

Other is about the production line, that every employee can stop if he/she notice any design problem with the product. And so on...

If only Boeing was working like that...  ::)

Actually only thing that is stopping me from buying a Toyota is... they don't make rear wheel drive sedans  ::banghead::
“I'm a leaf on a wind, watch how I soar.” Hoban 'Wash' Washburne

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 02:59:59 PM »
Actually only thing that is stopping me from buying a Toyota is... they don't make rear wheel drive sedans

That's why I drive a Mercury Grand Marquise..... And even take it to car shows.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 03:56:11 PM »
Actually only thing that is stopping me from buying a Toyota is... they don't make rear wheel drive sedans

That's why I drive a Mercury Grand Marquise..... And even take it to car shows.

Brian

When I was on the highway awhile back, an American drove by with the license plate "BRWNCOAT" or to that effect. And around his plate was one of those License plate things (It's early) which read "My other car is a FIREFLY" Brian was this you?
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 04:20:15 AM »
Nope.. Not me. But I do have this decal on the back window....

And I was thinking of getting one of the "Wash is my co-pilot" License plate frames.

A Browncoat buddy of mine (Chris) has the plate "CAPNMAL" on his pickup and his girlfriends plate (she got it before they met) is "RIVERTAM"

Chris even has a bit part in a Joss Whedon approved Fan Film being released this summer. He's the one pulling his gun in a flourish in the preview.

http://vimeo.com/9484903

Brian
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:27:26 AM by BrianGMFS »

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »
Heard couple of days ago the Vauxhaul are now recalling some of thier off roaders due to a steering problem.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 10:27:52 PM »
Heard couple of days ago the Vauxhaul are now recalling some of thier off roaders due to a steering problem.
Wait 'til Mr. Clarkson gets hold of that  ::eek::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2010, 10:41:35 AM »
Just came to a video of slovak car-magazine trying to stop two different toyotas with throttle wide-open. Commentary is in Slovak, but video is quite self explanatory.

http://auto.sme.sk/c/5298344/skusali-sme-zabrzdit-toyotu-s-plynom-na-podlahe.html
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »
Just came to a video of slovak car-magazine trying to stop two different toyotas with throttle wide-open. Commentary is in Slovak, but video is quite self explanatory.

http://auto.sme.sk/c/5298344/skusali-sme-zabrzdit-toyotu-s-plynom-na-podlahe.html
We tried to brake Toyota gas on the floor

BRATISLAVA. Toyota alleged problems with the gas pedal stuck to a source of excuses drivers. The modern American hysteria as dangerous based on the Toyota car, suitable for excuses.

If you measured the high-speed police or accident, gee jammed the gas pedal.
We investigated whether the accidents are drivers of Toyota vehicles in higher retirement age, or why it suddenly started from one moment to spoil all of Toyota's long-evaluated as the most reliable.

Dokonca us not interested or that car in the spirit of his own philosophy, and escaped the challenge of acknowledging correct possible failures. We also does not matter whether Toyota will reimburse or not reimburse customers petrol minute journey into the service. It seems absurd to us, if someone claims that a car with gas on the floor can not be stopped. We looked where is the truth.

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 05:25:30 PM »

We tried to brake Toyota with gas on the floor...

Not a bad idea actually. Now for something less machiney :)

BRATISLAVA. Toyota alleged problems with the gas pedal became a source of excuses for drivers. From the modern American hysteria, Toyota comes as dangerous car, suitable for excuses.

If you are caught speeding, or have an accident, blame the jammed gas pedal.
We did not investigate, whether the accidents are had by drivers of Toyota vehicles in retirement age, or why Toyotas, long-time reliability favourites, started spoiling.

It even did not matter, that the carmaker accepted responsibility in the spirit of their philosophy, and did the recall. It also does not matter whether Toyota will reimburse or not customers for petrol used for journey into the service. It seems absurd to us, that someone claims that a car with gas on the floor can not be stopped. We looked where is the truth.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."