Author Topic: The Most Awesome Idea  (Read 4498 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
The Most Awesome Idea
« on: January 05, 2010, 09:50:45 PM »
Hahaha, I guess Chuck didn't think about the wings being in the way of the window, or that the wings would then stick straight up and get in the way of the roof. Or maybe he's thinking of a "drive"-thrue at a fly-in community?

I don't know if I should be scared though, but I've had a similar idea to Chuck's, and it's probably just as bad. I thought that if I could become a cargo-pilot on a civilian C-2A Greyhound then perhaps I could save money by folding the wings and being able to use a small parking space :D In reality then I think the length and/or weight would make it impossible but it's still a fun idea, not to mention something to make me laught when I think of asking about that over the radio after landing :D

On another note: The strip from July 1st at Trade-A-Plane is also really funny, and in fact I think the Aerobat sequence is the best part of that movie (flown by Mr. Art Scholl if I remember correctly?) |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: The Most Awesome Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 08:07:21 AM »
Thought about going through on my mountain bike a few times, have not tried it...................YET!  ;D
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:14:46 PM »
Okay, you HELICOPTER guys have us all beat to hell on this one..........   ::bow::

You could land at any fast-food place just for the fun of it.....  not quite so easy with the 'Van....    ::thinking::

Though....  I guess we could always give it a go....  Hmm...   ::whistle::

::rofl::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:31:46 PM »
Okay, you HELICOPTER guys have us all beat to hell on this one..........   ::bow::

You could land at any fast-food place just for the fun of it.....  not quite so easy with the 'Van....    ::thinking::

Like dis:

Or dis:

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 10:45:25 PM »
Exactly, mon ami!!!!!!!

Well, I did end up in a farmer's kitchen once after landing in an airplane....  but....  we didn't get breakfast out of the deal.....  the CFI took off without me and left me there (14" of new snow in the field, after an engine failure)......  (though we did both get a ride up to the house in the farmer's truck....  his eyes sure were BIG when he drove up to his back field and saw us there.)

After a while in the kitchen with him and his wife, the farmer got up, said "Welp, I got work to do" and went out the door to the barn.  I had to wait for a bigger plane to come back for me, so I told him I could help him do whatever it was that he was doing.....

Which is how I ended up having my 4th flight lesson ever, turn into a morning of building lambing pens!!  It was fun.    ::loony::

One of these days, I'm gona land somewhere for LUNCH........  like YOU guys!!!!!     ::bow::

::complaining:              <show-off helicopter guys, boy oh boy, don't I wish...>                ::banghead::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 08:54:29 AM »
I'm sure the Twotter can handle short field work 'Mom. or just land on a road  and taxi into the car park lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 01:21:58 AM »

Like dis:

Or dis:

Dude, that's Aberdeen, South Dakota, isn't it?  I recognize those pics.   ::rambo::
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 01:23:44 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 01:27:29 AM »
Lemme recheck that.  The bottom pic is Aberdeen SD, but the top one isn't.  Might the top pic have been taken in Edgeley ND?   ::thinking::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 06:57:13 AM »
Yep...bottom one is Aberdeen SD, the other one is somewhere in ND---have no clue where....was when I was doing the powerline patrols up there 2 winters ago..
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 02:06:32 AM »

Though....  I guess we could always give it a go....  Hmm...   ::whistle::

::rofl::

Kick the kids out over a restaurant and have them order while you find a place to set down.