Author Topic: Recruiting  (Read 5718 times)

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
Recruiting
« on: December 05, 2009, 11:11:21 AM »
As you may or may not know,in Israel everybody must recruit to the army after finishing 12 years of education unless you have severe physical or mental issue, or if you are an ultra-orthodox jew (means that you learn Torah all day) and don't want to recruit.
Last week I got a letter from the army saying that I need to go to the recruiting office on the Januar 20th to start my recruiting procedure. In the recruiting office I go through some medical checks and a lot of mental checks and questionings to determine my profile-a number between 21 to 97,97 means I must go to a combat unit,like a fighter pilot,82 is combat supporter, like info or something in training, below that is what called "jobnik", which is basically doing close to nothing and might go back to home everyday. In the recruiting office they will also determine my quality group,which is like the profile but for mental issues,and I don't remember how it goes,but I know that usually i'm not supposed to know my quality group.
I don't really know what I want to do in the army yet, but I've been thinking of trying out to a UAV unit, it used to be closed only for the soldiers who dropped from the flying course,but a few years ago it opened also to recruiters.
Frankly,I'm quite nervous,and a bit scared, but I guess everything is going to be alright.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 03:40:33 PM »
Good luck chief  |:)\
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 05:59:08 PM »
Don't worry. Lot of us have been through this (I believe Nick was the latest chicken from the coop) and most of us had fun.
And...
DUDE!!! you gotta try the airforce! The Israeli Airforce is famous!!
Forget the UAV, try the F-16!!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »
I'm with Mikey!! AIRFORCE DOG!!!! Airplanes and Flying rocks!!! And if you could be an F-16 pilot, well that would be way cool!!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 07:13:28 PM »
Thanks for the comments.
Unfortunately,I don't get to choose to which force I recruit to, and I may recruit to a ground force unit and eventually get to the airforce. And if the army is crazy enough to let me fly planes,I'm thinking about either heavy tactical lifting with the c-130's,light transport squadron like the Kings of the air,or to the 123th squadron-Tziporey Hamidbar (The Desert Birds)-A sqaudron of S-70's that operates as a rescue squadron for the soldiers in and out the bounds of israel,and also operating as a civil flying ambulance when needed.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 08:58:35 PM »
It sounds exciting, whatever you end up doing!    8)

Let us know how it goes!!     :D

::drinking::

:)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 09:53:18 PM »
Take care, whatever you choose (is chosen for you?). I volunteered for my service, and I am in a country relatively far removed from any hairy situations. I could not imagine being conscripted in a country whose border is the front line.

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »
I've been to the recruiting office today,started with medical checks,including checking my boys for problems and got a profile of 97,which is the highest you can get,then proceeded to a personal interview, I said that i'd like to go to some UAV unit,and then had some psychotechnic tests,all in all it took me 7 hours to complete everything.
The next step is getting a Manilla-a form that have the options for your service and you need to fill in what you'd preffer to do.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 03:51:48 PM »
A little bump
I just checked with the recruiting office about my recruiting date, for now it's 25.7, they that everyone that recruit on this date goes to a combat role, and that's pretty scary...
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 11:10:07 PM »
A little bump
I just checked with the recruiting office about my recruiting date, for now it's 25.7, they that everyone that recruit on this date goes to a combat role, and that's pretty scary...

Bummer! That *does* sound scary. How long do you have to serve in Israel? It's two years, isn't it? Do you know yet which branch of the service you'll be?

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 04:36:07 AM »
Three years,and then about twenty in the reserve,that means that you serve three weeks per year,and called when needed in a war.
I haven't been through any tests yet, so I can't know where I'm going, but it's probably a unit in the ground forces.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen