Author Topic: Dang! Wish we got this show here in the States...  (Read 4942 times)

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
Dang! Wish we got this show here in the States...
« on: November 27, 2009, 06:28:51 PM »
Ice Pilots on the Canadian History Channel. Kinda like Ice Road truckers with wings....

Check em' out putting Tanker 58 through her paces on some low passes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f9o8eBO5Jk

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
Re: Dang! Wish we got this show here in the States...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »
Well, it confims for me that there is no better sound than multiple radial engines.  Awesome noise!
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

Offline croatian judge

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »
I've been watching it so far and it's pretty good

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 05:27:56 AM »
Cool, Brian -- thanks!     ::bow::

A very fine pilot in a DC-4 saved my life once.    |:)\

I have a very special fondness for him AND the airplane, and always will!    |:)\

::bow::

:)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 05:36:12 AM »
Please feel free to elaborate on the story, mom !!!  ::wave::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 10:46:21 AM »
www.icepilots.com

they seem to have several episodes available for viewing there.  Hulu didn't seem to have any.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 02:40:10 PM »
Can't watch the episodes in the US online... Just like you can't watch HULU in Canada....  GRRRRR

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 11:11:52 AM »
There has to be a way around this.   Give me a few days I might find something....
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 10:39:59 PM »
Please feel free to elaborate on the story, mom !!!  ::wave::

I think we visited about this long ago in here, but it was on a fire..  we got to go out on a PERFECT, cool, smooth morning, to a little fire way up in the mountains...  it was one of those dispatches that makes you remember why you love this job!    8)

A stray patrol plane from the adjacent forest, who, as it turns out, was TOLD where we were, and should never have come to our fire, cruised into our area right when we had set up on final for the drop.  (I was flying leadplane and the DC-4 was right on my butt...  close!)   

We were almost up on the drop site and Steve suddenly screamed "TURN!  NOW!" and I was so shocked, and so startled, I just snapped it to the left and then when we came around, he told me this plane was coming at me from about 5 o'clock, and was maybe 20 feet away from my tail when he yelled at me.  I never did see the guy -- he took off like a shot, so he must have seen the tanker, anyway.

Needless to say, if he hadn't yelled, I wouldn't be around....  PLUS, he even tried to kill the guy later, at the airport...  a lovely gesture, I thought.       :-*

::bow::

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 02:23:57 AM »
wow. no, never heard the story.
sounds like a scene from "Always" heh heh  ;)

It's one of those things that really scare you after the fact when you're laying in bed and have time to think about things, huh?!

I hope you bought him mass amounts of beer afterwards!  ::drinking:: ::drinking::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »
Yeah, we managed to celebrate still being in one piece....  and it's probably a good thing that rogue airplane went back to Boise instead of landing where we were, because they would NOT have been in one piece anymore....   ::knockedout::

It took a while to sink in, for me to get mad, but that was already well handled by Steve....  so, I just had to think about where to have a beer!    ::drinking::

::drinking::   

I am STILL thankful for him...!!!!    ::bow::

:D