Author Topic: Was that Chuck buzzing Santa Monica Pier?  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Was that Chuck buzzing Santa Monica Pier?
« on: November 10, 2009, 08:44:12 PM »
Brace yourselves... this isn't pretty   :o

http://www.latimes.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=410bd0e4-afa6-4cab-a045-b43903e33c5f&cat=empty&src=front

::unbelieveable::

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-flyby8-2009nov08,0,7365252.story?track=rss

Glad to see this cowboy had his Private Pilot certificate revoked.  Hollywood needs to keep some scripts on the silver screen.   >:(

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Was that Chuck buzzing Santa Monica Pier?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 08:58:21 PM »
I was going to post this yesterday but didn't the chance.

Kinda pisses me off! ::complaining:

It only takes one idiot like that to get everybody else in trouble. Now the FAA will look into a bunch of experimental aircraft and I sure there will be more regulations to follow in the aftermath.....  ::banghead:: ::banghead::

Looks like something our two buddies the "Wrongh Brothers" would do.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline croatian judge

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 10:52:48 PM »
Doesn't it say there that he can get his license back? ???
I don't think he should be allowed near an airplane ever again, no mater what it is.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 07:00:53 AM »
Doesn't it say there that he can get his license back? ???
I don't think he should be allowed near an airplane ever again, no mater what it is.

AFAIK there is no such thing as a permanent revocation of US Pilot certificates.  Pilots may reapply for their certificates and ratings after one year has passed since their previous certificate was revoked.

This is one case where the fella is going to have everyone looking at him with a jaundiced eye when he decides to reapply.  He'll have a tough time finding a CFI willing to sign him off for the practical test.  Then if he can find an examiner willing to even give him a checkride he'll have to perform on it to absolute perfection! 

Idiots like this give all of aviation a black eye.  Methinks his flying days are over, period.  No one will want to be associated with getting him a pilot certificate again.   ::rambo::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:45:52 AM »
Its good that this idiot lost his licence and so should his lawyer to practice law. how can he say that he did nothing wrong? don't you have minimum heights over build up areas?
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 05:17:55 PM »
Its good that this idiot lost his licence and so should his lawyer to practice law. how can he say that he did nothing wrong? don't you have minimum heights over build up areas?

Believe he was over the water not built up area. A lawyers job is to make sure the client has due process....in reality the law does NOT determine guilt or innocnce of the alleged charge, just what can be proven in court. Think OJ...
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 10:06:59 PM »

Believe he was over the water not built up area. A lawyers job is to make sure the client has due process....in reality the law does NOT determine guilt or innocnce of the alleged charge, just what can be proven in court. Think OJ...

wise words my firend . . .

seems like they're coming from somebody who may or may not have had his own run-in with the FAA before..... ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::sick::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 04:15:14 PM »
OMG, how the heck can anyone think to do that??? That's like taking a dragster to a crowded boulevard and doing a full-throttle run down the street without warning. I hope at least this won't be bad news for general aviation itself since this was more of a rich guy in a special aircraft and not a Cessna/Piper from a small FBO.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 05:49:33 PM »
seems like they're coming from somebody who may or may not have had his own run-in with the FAA before..... ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::sick::

Ya think. ::drinking::  ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Lt.Fubar

• Fledgling
  • Chasing the sunset
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 02:17:23 AM »
Maybe it shouldn't... but it still surprises me how much public hysteria can be caused by such thing as a low flying aircraft. Be that civilian or military - like the history of the Cessna flown from Canada into US by the guy who wanted to be shot down, or the Ospreys that messed up few backyards during USMC exercises.

I'm not advocating doing anything against the law, or safety, but some of those events are blown off the proportions. I see you guys have to work with some serious hate against anything that fly. Am actually surprised there are no AAAs placed all around the US shooting at anything that goes few deg. off stated course.

Let me tell you this - since I remember, every time local ASW and SAR crews were returning from exercises, they were making a low pass over the town, at about half the legal altitude (!). And those are not ultralights, but 20000 pounds of steel, topped of with few tons of fuel, and usually two of those in close formation. The birds scatter, the windows are shaking, but haven't heard a single complaint. "They are still flying, the Navy is still keeping us safe, and the "boys" will be soon in their homes with families" - that's the message here. The GA are enjoying the view here too, flying for the sheer joy of it, and the Mayor only thinks how to get more small planes and private helicopters into the area.

Yeah that Santa Monica pilot should have known better, but people in the US are freaking out way too easily, and the medias are not helping, I see it goes downhill since the 9/11 - and we were ALL hit that day.

It just makes me wonder - during this year there were two accidents of GA aircraft crashing inside cities, here in Poland... and no one tried to attack the GA here after those. The news don't even go into what-ifs, just state what happened, and go on into other stories of the day. Military crashes got a LOT more attention.

Just my $0.02 at the 3AM after few shots of Jeremiah Weed...
“I'm a leaf on a wind, watch how I soar.” Hoban 'Wash' Washburne

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 03:04:05 AM »
 ::banghead::

It only takes one ass clown with more money than brains, to give all of aviation a black eye.

::rambo::

Don't make me come back there!!!!