Author Topic: How is this for an aviation moment?  (Read 3765 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
How is this for an aviation moment?
« on: October 07, 2009, 05:53:48 PM »
Yesterday, we found the following email in our "Chicken Wings Contact Form":
(I blocked out the name and email)

>  Name: *blocked*

>  Email: ***@yahoo.com

>  Comments:  I am from Armenia and introduce one of the leading importing companies in Armenia. Now we are interested in chicken wings, 3joints, 90+.. Pls quote me the price on basis FOB or CIF Poti Georgia,Black sea.

>  With best regards

I had no idea what he was talking about and thought maybe he wants to ship a bunch of boxes of our book to Georgia. So I wrote him back:

Hi ***!

Please give us more details.
What's ". . . 3 joints, 90+ . . . " ??

Just to make sure, you know we sell books, right?!

Mike Strasser
"Chicken Wings Aviation Comics"
www.chickenwingscomics.com

Most of the time we get people who never write back (spam bots maybe?) but he wrote us back again. I got all excited thinking this is actually an order this time:

Dear Mike!

Thanks for your kind mail

3  joint wing, layer pack, 90 or 100+, A grade,
2conteiners,

What other details do you need ?

So, I thought "What do you mean what other details do I need?", "none of this makes any sense to me".
I decided to google "3 joint wing, layer pack" by just copying and pasting it into google.

And google immediately came up with "mass quantities of chickeninternational shipping" and "A grade,3 joint chicken wings, block frozen in cartons, dry slaughtered, dry frozen....."
HA HA  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

This guy actually tried to order chickens from us!! Never crossed my mind!!!

(I did write him back a friendly email, btw . . . . haven't heard from him since though)  ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: How is this for an aviation moment?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 08:29:06 PM »
Where is your sense of adventure...you should have said we "require 7 virgins as downpayment" and let him google...
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........