Author Topic: Video: Beriev Be-200 picking up water  (Read 4694 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Video: Beriev Be-200 picking up water
« on: October 06, 2009, 04:15:13 AM »
Hi, I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but in any case I thought it looked impressive so I thought someone else here might want to see it as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__XflBfmVs4&feature=related

I also just found a cut-away drawing of the plane: http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace/photos/cutawayposters/images/14476/beriev-be-200-microcutaway.jpg

Frank

P.S. I'm still busy with fixing things after the move but at least I'm making good progress, also thanks to help from my brother.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
Re: Video: Beriev Be-200 picking up water
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »
Nice video Frank. I'm always impress by scooping water bombers. I don't know much about this but adding that much weight, in flight, at 0 altitude, on a lake with trees on both side, plus droping water at low altitude on warm air comming from the fire underneet is certainly not something for weekend pilot like me. Cheers to all fire fighters out there.  ::drinking::

Here is another one nice video with 2 CL-415 flying together (view from cockpit of second plane). Takeoff, scooping, water bombing and landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMDc5YxqlHY

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 05:19:14 PM »
Those are both great videos, guys.  I've seen the Beriev video before, and there's always been two things that struck me about it.  One is that you can see the water pouring out of the wing root when its filled its water tank, and the other is how the nose of the airplane is constantly bobbing up and down during the scoop!   ::eek::  That scoop must be one extremely touchy operation!  I can imagine how much the pilot is having to push and pull on the yoke in order to keep the airplane at just the right pitch attitude to prevent it from porposing.  Takes a lot of nerves to pull that operation off.   ::bow::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:42:10 PM »
Pretty impressive since the Beriev is about the size of a -40 DC-9!!!!

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 07:29:10 PM »
МЧС России, these guys sure CAN fly, too! Impressive aircraft all around btw.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."