Author Topic: 5/12---PRICELESS!!!  (Read 9738 times)

fireflyr

5/12---PRICELESS!!!
« on: May 11, 2006, 06:47:06 PM »
ATTAWAY GUYS!
Like the "PRICELESS" series!  And 2 in one week, you're gathering steam.   :D

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
Re: 5/12---PRICELESS!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 07:50:34 PM »
Way to go Charles... :D

I remember I couldn't go flying one time as a student after some neanderthal put the oil cap on so tight I couldn't get it off...  >:(

If I would have known at the time, I would have asked... "Chuck, was that you???"  |:)\ ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 09:58:45 PM »
Great one!!! reminds me of last year, at my birthday (when I sure wanted to fly) I came to the airport and found out the plane I flew (a C-172) had been flown by some guy who came in nose first into the runway rather hard, resulting in bent prop, busted engine, firewall, and a few other things...  :(

anyway, great strip!!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 10:07:49 PM by madpilot44 »
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 01:41:11 AM »
yeah, i've seen that scenario more than once unfortunately. i had to reschedule my multi-commercial twice because of that!
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 03:42:10 AM »
Like I said in my blog . . . not invented!

I once gave a student tools to take with him on a checkride. The Schweizer he was supposed to be flying had problems with oil-fouling the plugs everytime it sat for more than 3hrs and he was from Switzerland and had no time to re-schedule his checkride since he was going back home the next day.
He was an A&P in Europe anyways but not here in the states.

If I had a nickel for everytime a student had his plane down at the time of the checkride. . . .
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
. . .  I'd have 5 nickels  !  !  !  !   HA HA !  !  !
    :D ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline wbarnhill

• CAVU but no $ to fly.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 04:57:44 AM »
49 hours for 9K?  WHEW!

An average of 183$ per flight hour?  For fixed wing?? *faints*

I guess I was lucky to get the 152 for 65/hr wet, instructor for 30/hr.  :)

(The 9K is what I'm expecting to pay for my instrument.  *cringe*)

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 05:57:00 AM »
He, how come the student looks like me as I was younger than today?
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 05:41:35 PM »
He, how come the student looks like me as I was younger than today?

HA HA!

I never thought about it but you're right.... with the glasses and all... ;)
That's funny!

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 03:29:21 AM »
Great strip.  No checkride for me, but I did try to go fly one day and some idiot had taxied down the vehicle access roads insttead of the taxiway and put a fence into the right wing.
WOW I did that!

Offline wbarnhill

• CAVU but no $ to fly.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 08:17:42 AM »
Great strip.  No checkride for me, but I did try to go fly one day and some idiot had taxied down the vehicle access roads insttead of the taxiway and put a fence into the right wing.

Didn't have that happen, but had an idiot who decided that he would drive right in front of me (via the little access gate) while I was taxiing on my second solo.  I'm thankful the strut kept the prop from hitting the ground cause I put the brakes on hard.  Didn't see him after I got up in the pattern, so no clue what his mission was.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 03:38:52 PM »
i guess that'll wake you up, eh wbarn!
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 09:34:16 PM »
49 hours for 9K?  WHEW!

I guess I was lucky to get the 152 for 65/hr wet, instructor for 30/hr.  :)

(The 9K is what I'm expecting to pay for my instrument.  *cringe*)

Back when I got my license (in 1985), A C-152 II was going for $28/hour wet, and instructor time was $12.00/hour.  It cost me around $3K to get my PPL ticket.... and that was through Parks Air College.

Oh... and if you wanted to get fancy, and have a C-152 II IFR equipped (meaning TWO radios one of which had a GS), it went for $32.00/hour wet.

Ah, those were the days!
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 09:57:34 PM »
I am always amazed about how you guys catch even the slightest mistake! ;)
Talk about hard-core fans... ;D

I must have had a helicopter number in my head when I drew it....
It costs about 9k to 10k to get one of them. And actually, in our book Jason is learning how to fly helicopters. So there is a little mix-up. Our website-strips are usually made up on the spot a day or so before Tuesday...

I used to get an R22 for $110 and hour and I think it was $95 or so block rate when I first started. Those days have long passed as well unfortunately.

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 06:21:54 PM »
49 hours for 9K?  WHEW!

By my figuring (well my online currency converters) that's £98ish.  A good ten quid cheaper than what I'm paying for lessons these days.

You Cross Pond people don't know you're born!    ;) :'( :P

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 08:19:58 PM »
Back when I got my license (in 1985), A C-152 II was going for $28/hour wet, and instructor time was $12.00/hour.  It cost me around $3K to get my PPL ticket.... and that was through Parks Air College.

Oh... and if you wanted to get fancy, and have a C-152 II IFR equipped (meaning TWO radios one of which had a GS), it went for $32.00/hour wet.

Ah, those were the days!

Lucky you! down here, the C-152 is $90, plus $30 instructor (although most people charge like $40 or $50). a C-172 will drain about $110, and the pirces are going up 'cause the fuel is getting more expensive these days...
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.