Author Topic: Little RC planes...  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Little RC planes...
« on: May 11, 2006, 03:26:10 PM »
Hey guys! Yesterday, when I was jogging through the park nearby where I always go running, I've seen a guy with a really really really small radio controlled plane. At least I think it was radio controlled. It looked like the flying equivalent to those matchbox-car sized radio controlled cars and wasn't bigger than a span of probably 10 inches, with wings that looked like those of these little $5.00 gliders that come with a slingshot. I'm sure you can only fly that thing when it's completely windless...

Anyway, does anyone of you know what I'm talking about and where to get this thing? I tried looking for it on the internet but didn't find it. This would be an awesome toy! You could really go "hangar flying" with it too, I bet!  ;D

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
Re: Little RC planes...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:32:09 PM »
Is this maybe what you saw?

http://www.hobbytron.com/Microflyer-Mini-RC-Airplane.html

That would be VERY fun. I'm thinking a new office toy... hmmm  ;D
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 04:10:02 PM »
isn't that cute! wonder what it's going to be when it grows up! ::)

na, that's pretty cool, and cheap too!
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 04:18:20 PM »
isn't that cute! wonder what it's going to be when it grows up! ::)

MQ-1 Predator?  ;D
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 06:10:47 PM »
Is this maybe what you saw?

http://www.hobbytron.com/Microflyer-Mini-RC-Airplane.html

That would be VERY fun. I'm thinking a new office toy... hmmm  ;D

Yes! Exactly!!! Thanks man! Haha, this thing is awesome, isn't it?  :D

Offline Zaffex

• Cockerel
  • "It's ZULU TIME!!!"
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »
I had a little R/C plane once. Got it for Christmas but was so impatiant to fly it that I took it out in adverse weather. Took off and next thing I knew I was kissing it goodbye as the winds carried it off north, never to bee seen again. :'( Oh, well. Learned a lesson from it I guess: don't get too impatient and fly right into bad weather because of it. I'd like to get another one, if I could. Just gotta be more patient next time. :)
"You know you're a redneck pilot when you think avgas makes a good cologne."

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 10:23:13 PM »
Yes, I can imagine that this thing is blown right to Timbuktu with the slightest gust of wind... One more reason to try and fly it indoors, hehe! By the way, I've just seen a news report about the paper plane world championships that were held in Austria this year (in Hangar 9, the huge building complex / museum / hangar / even hall etc. where the Red Bull owner keeps all his aircraft). Quite impressive too! In my class at senior high I held all paper plane records, hehe!  ;D

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 02:19:45 AM »
Yes! Exactly!!! Thanks man! Haha, this thing is awesome, isn't it?  :D

No prob Stef! I'll let you know when mine comes in :D

I used to get those balsa wood gliders, and the ones with the rubber band powered props. I always imagined what it would be like if I could affix radio controlled control surfaces. But I never tried. I made a P-38 with 3 kits once. I tried for a 4 “engine” model, but it was too hard to wind all 4 at once. ;D