Author Topic: Appreciate your Mechanic  (Read 4879 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Appreciate your Mechanic
« on: August 18, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »
That cold shiver Julio experienced was his ego being stroked!  It doesn't happen often enough to him.  Poor fella.   ::silly::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Appreciate your Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 04:28:02 PM »
Great strip, but it seems really far out of character for Chuck doesn't it? Although I agree, mechanics rock and should not be under-appreciated, especially not the good ones!  |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 04:34:14 PM »
Not really Frank.  Pilots NEVER compliment their mechanics to their faces!  That might contribute to mechanics getting a swelled head, which would then compete for space in the hangar with the Pilot's own swelled head!

We gotta keep em in their place, ya know...   ;)

RC
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 05:14:31 PM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 04:39:02 PM »
well, the intention of the strip was actually that Jason is going to show his appreciation with lots of questions on how he could help...
and mechanics no need a lot of "help" like that, they like to do their own thing.

point an case my guy on the Huey right now, awesome mechanic but he does everything himself to make sure it's done his way (which is the right way I guess)
don't argue there, I stick to cleaning the thing and wiping off the mass amounts of grease this thing slings....

|:)\
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »
on the Huey right now,

I see you are in Redding right now....should I be worried what my office looks like????
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 06:02:20 PM »
Yeah, there was a sign I've seen in several shops:

Labor          - $60 per hour
if you watch - $80 per hour
if you help    - $120 per hour

I've had helpful pilots stretch 2 hour repairs out to 4 or more. I appreciated the thought, but it's usually easiest and most efficient
if we can do it our way.

Offline mtnman

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 07:01:16 PM »
Any Dad whose pre-teen son has wanted to "help Daddy fix the (fill in the blank)" knows exactly why that chill ran down the spine! 
you love the little  ::angel:: but some times the  >:D 's make you want to  ::banghead:: !!!! 

and now it's my grandkids repeating it..... ::drinking::...good thing my hearing is going!  ::thinking::
sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday....see, there is no "someday"!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 09:09:47 PM »
Yeah, there was a sign I've seen in several shops:

Labor          - $60 per hour
if you watch - $80 per hour
if you help    - $120 per hour

HA HA!! That's awesome!  ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 09:11:02 PM »
on the Huey right now,
I see you are in Redding right now....should I be worried what my office looks like????

not yet  ;)

it's locked and don't know my way around here yet, plus I am busy with the Phase inspection.....

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 11:30:17 PM »
on the Huey right now,

not yet  ;)

it's locked and don't know my way around here yet, plus I am busy with the Phase inspection.....

Phew.... (Note to self---remind Brenda not to unloock my dooor....  ::whistle:: )
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 07:18:49 AM »
So thats chuck's way of getting rid of Jason these days and passing him onto some one else  ;D
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 04:43:29 AM »
aside from working on my cfii right now i'm also logging time to get my a&p. change a jug? no prob. chase an electrical problem? no problem but damn, it does go under appreciated. did get a compliment on the starter i replaced on the right engine of our apachimo. before i changed it out, I was the starter! (handy ol' hand propper!)
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown