Author Topic: My New Ride...  (Read 3092 times)

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
My New Ride...
« on: August 16, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »
Picked up my 92 Mercury Grand Marquis on Friday. Real Granny-mobile as the original owner (I'm only the second owner) is over 80 and can no longer drive. The car was always maintained well and not beat on.

Rides like a Gulfstream and handles like... Well, it ain't a fighter but she's still pretty nimble. Nimble enough to wish it had better seats than the split bench. Mileage is surprising as it's a 4000 pound car with a 4.6L V-8. I've been getting an average of 17.8-18.3 miles per gallon around town with a very heavy foot I might ad.

She's got a glass panel so I can pull up instant MPG, average, two trip odometers, gallons of fuel remaining and miles till empty.

Nice car. Even has the premium sound package (No CD player in 92) but my portable CD player and it's adapter works fine in the cassette player.

On to the pics...

Not to shabby for $1,200  ;D

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
Re: My New Ride...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 01:35:25 AM »
I see a common ailment amongst cars belonging to the age-enhanced.

Looks like she used the bumper as a curb feeler.

My little pickup has taken quite a beating at one of our favorite restaurants (Zoe loves the Mac n Cheese there),
frequented by lots of older folks. One of 'em just pulled forward until the car stopped, then started to turn left
to get out of the spot. Left the left side of my rear bumper dished in and with an additional layer of white paint.

Offline Louis

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:32:40 PM »
Plus from a distance people can mistake you for a phantom police car! (As the Grand Marquis is a sibling of the Crown Victoria and Ford Police Interceptors.)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 03:45:50 AM »
Congratulations, looks to be a fine car :)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci