Author Topic: 05/09 Strip  (Read 6831 times)

Offline Bruce

• Bruce's Place
05/09 Strip
« on: May 09, 2006, 12:21:21 PM »
Chuck's got it right!  Getting paid to fly is worth it, even if it's less than flipping burgers.
Chuck's my Hero!

Bruce 8)
Bruce
1950 Cessna 170A

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
Re: 05/09 Strip
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 01:29:47 PM »
fer sure... ;D

Reminds me of an old line guy I worked with.  He said that people in aviation are chronically underpaid, because the business owners know that given the chance, we would probably pay them to work at the airport.  He had a point.

Sleek <---- still likes working the line  |:)\
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 03:48:59 PM »
Oh yes that strip is awesome! I actually think that would be great on a T-shirt  8)
Really great strip guys! |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline C310RCaptian

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 09:58:56 PM »
Frank you’re on to something! I would love to have a T-shirt like that! Just put chuck on the front with lines coming off him with the cost of the items. On the back put the punch line…. Or even better put chuck on the back with the punch line under him. And on the front put the CW logo with “will fly for food” under it!!!!   

Mike, Stef…. It’s got to happen!!! I would ware it every time I fly. No matter whom the VIP is!!! Maybe ill get that bigger paycheck too…. I LOVE IT!!!! Hope to see it at Oshkosh…… (hint  ;)hint ;)!!!) ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 10:07:44 PM »
you know what?!
I think we're on to something here. We might just do that.
That's a great idea actually!!! |:)\ Thanks!

Let me talk to Stef. . .
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

fireflyr

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 02:51:40 PM »
fer sure... ;D

Reminds me of an old line guy I worked with. He said that people in aviation are chronically underpaid, because the business owners know that given the chance, we would probably pay them to work at the airport. He had a point.

Sleek <---- still likes working the line |:)\
Reminds me of my first flying job----they quoted a figure to me and I thought "Gee, I can manage that" then I realized they were going to pay ME! (just kidding!):D
Actually, I had been driving truck and my first job was about a 50% cut in pay but I, like Chuck, was very happy----GEE, we pilots can be such whores!  ;D

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 07:08:12 PM »
You know what's funny?

My boss saw the draft of the strip because I drew it on the backside of my schedule I had printed out (I have to draw them out as soon as I think of them so I don't forget --> CRS...) and grabbed it to read it. He gave me one of those "funny but not really" smiles and I said "there's a hidden message in it, you know?!". He responded, "I know. Relax. We'll talk next week..."
Well I just had my annual review the other day AND GOT A RAISE!!
HAHA

might have been because I do a good job, but I think the strip reminded him that I was due for a review....

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 07:35:04 PM »
*snip*........Well I just had my annual review the other day AND GOT A RAISE!!
HAHA......*snip*....

WOOHOO!! BEER'S ALL AROUND ON MIKE!!!
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 03:19:45 AM »
Here is the original before my brother made it look good:

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 03:28:29 AM »
fer sure... ;D

Reminds me of an old line guy I worked with. He said that people in aviation are chronically underpaid, because the business owners know that given the chance, we would probably pay them to work at the airport. He had a point.

Sleek <---- still likes working the line |:)\
Reminds me of my first flying job----they quoted a figure to me and I thought "Gee, I can manage that" then I realized they were going to pay ME! (just kidding!):D
Actually, I had been driving truck and my first job was about a 50% cut in pay but I, like Chuck, was very happy----GEE, we pilots can be such whores!  ;D

So true!
I still remember the first flight I got paid for!!

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 03:59:43 AM »
Okay so I don't know what getiing paid to fly is like (YET) but I know the debt issue.  Great strip.  Hey Mike I remember a few napkins that looked like that last picture.
WOW I did that!

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 03:14:36 PM »
Frank you’re on to something! I would love to have a T-shirt like that! Just put chuck on the front with lines coming off him with the cost of the items. On the back put the punch line…. Or even better put chuck on the back with the punch line under him. And on the front put the CW logo with “will fly for food” under it!!!!

This idea is awesome!!! We will definitely keep it in mind for the next t-shirt!! Thanks guys!  |:)\ I've already put down a sketch so we don't forget about it. It will take a while though, because printing a new shirt needs quite some initial investment (to create the screens for printing and to print a certain amount of shirts of each size etc. etc.) and we're currently saving up for printing our next book! So please be patient!