Author Topic: Handshakes  (Read 3300 times)

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
Handshakes
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:33:32 AM »
Run into that a few times, myself.  ::rofl::

Don't you just love the guys who squeeze before you can get your hand in, and they grip your fingers instead of your hand.
I wonder whether it's just bad timing, or whether it's calculated to make 'em seem stronger than they really are.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Handshakes
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:52:53 AM »
I've never met that many but there is a moderate difference in grip-strength but luckily I've never met any bonecrushers yet (although I did come close once). I heard it's got something to do with your strength and character being demonstrated in that simple handshake, kind-of makes a simple bow like in Japan seem a lot easier, and less painful, unless you stand to close and head-but each-other that is :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:53:44 PM »
the guys who squeeze before you can get your hand in,

I experienced the exact opposite when I meet my wife uncle for the first time. We went for the handshake and I just never encontered his thumb for a stop and ended shaking his wirst. I looked down and there wasn't any thumb on his hand.  ::unbelieveable::  I felt a little confused and really didn't know what to say. I now know that he do that on purpose when he meet someone for the first time.  ::banghead:: Just to see how people react.

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »
the guys who squeeze before you can get your hand in,

I experienced the exact opposite when I meet my wife uncle for the first time. We went for the handshake and I just never encontered his thumb for a stop and ended shaking his wirst. I looked down and there wasn't any thumb on his hand.  ::unbelieveable::  I felt a little confused and really didn't know what to say. I now know that he do that on purpose when he meet someone for the first time.  ::banghead:: Just to see how people react.

Ah, just think of it as an old-fashioned warrior-grip. HooAH!
 |:)\