Author Topic: The Virtual Darkside: they are good too  (Read 3049 times)

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
The Virtual Darkside: they are good too
« on: July 26, 2009, 03:16:45 PM »
Here is a vid of one my mate practising for CVARS race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2hw2dcru2c

CVARS, aka Czech Virtual Air Rescue Service, is a well-organised bunch of guys, who would fly all kinds of air rescue, humanitarian, or speciall occasion (eg. Dakar Tour - flying support for Rallye Paris-Dakar teams in formerly Africa, now South America). These guys are pretty professional, and pretty good, at least by virtuals standarts :) and they are having a skill race in helos.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
Re: The Virtual Darkside: they are good too
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 07:15:19 PM »
Wow, I love how FSX simulate the head movements
I'd like to see CVARS in action,are they working in IVAO?
We got here in the israeli division the Virtual desert Birds,working with S-70 blackhawks specialized in rescues,of course they are based on the real Desert Birds (123 squadron),unfortunately they aren't really active lately.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 07:56:41 PM »
What controls do you need for flying helos on MSflight sim? never got the hang of it
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 02:43:41 PM »
a stick with a 3D twist (for the pedals) and throttle,i use Saitek ST290 Pro and don't got a problem flying them,nothing fancy.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 07:57:05 AM »
Thats sounds like some thing similar like I have, how do you control the collective for the rotor blades?
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 12:26:39 PM »
Good ole throttle is fine enough.

And Yes, CVARS are IVAO positive fellas. Seek CVZ c/s in LKAA FIR (btw. seek CVI for me, and at time, only me, nobody else seems to use the c/s :) )
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 10:46:17 AM »
I never got the hand of coordinating a stick with twist-grip, and I got the Rescue Pilot mission add-on for FSX which use a helicopter for several of the missions.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci