Author Topic: 5/12---PRICELESS!!!  (Read 9776 times)

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
Re: 5/12---PRICELESS!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 08:59:13 PM »
49 hours for 9K?  WHEW!

An average of 183$ per flight hour?  For fixed wing?? *faints*

By my figuring (well my online currency converters) that's £98ish.  A good ten quid cheaper than what I'm paying for lessons these days.

You Cross Pond people don't know you're born!    ;) :'( :P

Wow... I knew it was pricey across the pond... but that's high indeed!! 

If I fly a new, C-172 SP with G-1000 cockpit, I get it for $145/hour wet in U.S. dollars.  Instructors run right around $33.00 USD per hour for a CFI doing initial PPL.  And around $36.00 USD per hour for a CFII MEI working on Instrument or higher ratings.

As you said... we don't realize sometimes just how good we have it  ;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 07:38:19 PM »
By my figuring (well my online currency converters) that's £98ish.  A good ten quid cheaper than what I'm paying for lessons these days.

You Cross Pond people don't know you're born!    ;) :'( :P

Wow... I knew it was pricey across the pond... but that's high indeed!! 

Mmm, and I'm in the depths of darkest Wales.  The richer parts of the county are even priceier.

There appearing to be a thriving trade in UKside students going over the Pond to do their training there.

Even with airfare, accomodation, and the extra hours spent getting re-familiarised with UK weather and r/t when you get back it can work out a cheaper route to the license.

Too depressing to think too long on.

Back to staring at the wet British springtime weather and counting the pennies  ;)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 07:47:59 PM »
Leiafee I think I understand what you wanted to say but what you wrote is slightly funny, but then again, I've done similar things tons of times but yes, the north-americans really are lucky to be born there for several things, especially regarding motorized vehicles wether they have wings or not. Of course they have to pay for their own medical insurance and education for their children (at least here we get both of that over taxes) but not all people need all that's paid for over taxes and while there is always pros and cons then it's never the same for all people so some cons might not be a big problem.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci