Author Topic: Oshkosh?  (Read 5173 times)

Offline rcav8r

Oshkosh?
« on: July 14, 2009, 03:24:52 PM »
So does it mean Chuck is going to Osh? (note: oldtimers don't call it "airventure").

Does he want to attend my chicken BBQ on Tuesday night?  :D

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
Re: Oshkosh?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 07:34:50 PM »
This one made me laugh out loud.

Like the old cliche...

"I want to be a pilot when I grow up"

"Sorry, you can't do both..."

;D

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 12:07:24 AM »
I'm headed that way in nine days. And be warned: I just got a new camera with enough memory to hold 1,659 12 megapixel images (those of you who are new here may not understand the implications of that).

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 07:17:14 AM »
I'm headed that way in nine days. And be warned: I just got a new camera with enough memory to hold 1,659 12 megapixel images (those of you who are new here may not understand the implications of that).

TM

Oh noooooooooooo! Stef, time to up the upload limits again  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 08:01:23 AM »
OH NO!!! and I though I was bad at Flying Legends  ::unbelieveable:: ::eek:: ::unbelieveable:: ::eek::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »
"I want to be a pilot when I grow up"

"Sorry, you can't do both..."

lol, never heard that before!

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 10:52:25 PM »
It could be a real attraction,seeing a C172 HEAVY.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline rcav8r

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »

TM

It means you're seriously undergunned?

Lower resolution or more memory cards! :)

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »
OH NO!!! and I though I was bad at Flying Legends  ::unbelieveable:: ::eek:: ::unbelieveable:: ::eek::

I ran and jumped and squeaked like a kid at RIAT this weeked ;-)

Shameless abanonded my post on the stand I was helping with to positively sprint outside at the sound of the Vulcan  ;D

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 07:20:53 PM »

TM

It means you're seriously undergunned?

Lower resolution or more memory cards! :)

Might have been told as a joke,but you're pretty right about that,i ran out of about 600 pics in a fly-in of only 45 aircraft sitting in a space no bigger then 1 cubic km,and they were only landing,so... 1659 is not enough!
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Antares

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 06:19:07 AM »
Might have been told as a joke,but you're pretty right about that,i ran out of about 600 pics in a fly-in of only 45 aircraft sitting in a space no bigger then 1 cubic km,and they were only landing,so... 1659 is not enough!

Remind taking enough Batteries with you!
At the last airshow here I ran out of power long before "EOM = end of memorycard"...  ::sweat:: And I took well charged spare with me... Vendor-/model-specific packs could be a problem!

Cameras fed by standard-cells are in advantage then - or maybe a solar-charger  ;D

Awaiting your pictures - thanks in advance!
Ulrich
Erstaunlich: Kaum macht man es richtig, schon funktioniert's

Translation-Try: Astonishingly: As soon as you're doing it the right way, it will function promptly
(IT-based knowledge...)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 06:55:09 AM »

I ran and jumped and squeaked like a kid at RIAT this weeked ;-)

Shameless abanonded my post on the stand I was helping with to positively sprint outside at the sound of the Vulcan  ;D

What was the Vulcan's display like Leiafee? might have to wait until September to see her fly up here.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 05:03:47 PM »
What was the Vulcan's display like Leiafee? might have to wait until September to see her fly up here.

Magic.

Silenced the whole airshow.  Public, traders, volunteers, aircrew.  Everyone's eyes on the same spot of sky.

The crowds were markedly less after the display, I think a lot of people pitched up largely for that alone!

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 05:17:18 PM »
Heard there's going to be a close-formation of 36 planes by the Yellow Shirts,or something like that,I sure want to see that!
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen