Author Topic: Humor....I need Humor!  (Read 1727449 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Humor....I need Humor!
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2006, 04:24:43 AM »
Realistically, I love Ron White's routines on TV and don't think I'm a prude, I'm not,  (Mike, I'm sure, will testify to that) but his live act is so filthy that I feel my 90 bucks was wasted on a foul mouth jerk.
I don't feel this public forum is the appropriate place to itemize the offensive behavior this jerk presented onstage last night but I'm certainly within my rights to feel disgruntled,   My dissapointment is personal and you all are free to enjoy whatever spins your cranlshaft!   Remember, opinions are like anuses, and everyone has one. ;D

Wow, really? I have never seen a Ron White routine live, but I do have a DVD and I have him on a CD I think. That wasn't too bad. I would have to say if YOU were offended, it must have been pretty bad because I can testify that you are far away from being a prude (hanging out with guys like Dale in WMC...he he...)

Here is a joke which I think is based on a true story because I remember a cop telling me:

The cop has put up a radar trap at the end of the little town he was working at and is waiting for
his first victim. He ends up sitting there almost all day since nobody seems to be speeding that day.

Finally, a young kid was racing down the road just blasting past the cop who immediately jumps in his
rig to pull the guy over. He stops him and says to the young punk:
"Boy, I have be waiting for you all day!"
The boy replies:
"I know officer! I am so sorry, I tried to get here as fast as I could!"

The cop had to laugh so hard at this funny and clever answer he just let him go....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

fireflyr

« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2006, 04:58:13 AM »
HAHAA "got here as fast as I could"   wish I'd thought of that one!!!! ;D

I've never had a cop ask me "where's the fire"  but if one ever had, I would have responded in my best lisp "In your eyes, officer!"

(California joke) 8)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2006, 09:59:35 AM »
LOL, that's a great one!

Here's one I just found:
-Hovering is for pilots who love to fly but have no place to go.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline C310RCaptian

« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2006, 02:08:01 PM »
Good one Mike. Reminds me of the time when my buddy got pulled over on his bike and the cop asked for his pilot license and insurance because “he was flying.”  My buddy handed him his then new pilot certificate and the cop just smiled and said “I asked for that didn’t I.” He let him go with a warning.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #259 on: April 12, 2006, 09:15:12 PM »
How about this:

Passengers are sitting and waiting in a small prop-twin waiting for the pilot, when finally one of the passengers folds down his newspaper and says: that's it, I got a meeting so I'll just fly it myself. And he climbs into the pilot seat and commences to start the airplane.

Now for the pop-quiz: Where is that from? :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #260 on: April 12, 2006, 09:21:54 PM »
How about this:

Passengers are sitting and waiting in a small prop-twin waiting for the pilot, when finally one of the passengers folds down his newspaper and says: that's it, I got a meeting so I'll just fly it myself. And he climbs into the pilot seat and commences to start the airplane.

Now for the pop-quiz: Where is that from? :D

Frank

That's got to be from an episode of Wings!  Brian, if I'm not mistaken!  ;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #261 on: April 12, 2006, 09:51:31 PM »
Hey... if you ever think you have a bad job.... just remember... there are those out there with much worse ones!

|:)\
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #262 on: April 12, 2006, 10:08:26 PM »
Bingo! Exactly! Sandpiper Air I think the company was, I wasn't sure if anyone would know but it was aviation related show and I read it was actually quite long running, I only saw a season or so in the morning on danish tv but of course we can't see all US shows in DK. For extra points, what was the airplane they had? (actually I don't know the answer, hence the question). Btw it just hit me, they have two brothers flying and a slightly dim mechanic, it sounds a bit like Chicken Wings, Mike and Stef in real life and Julio in the comic :D

And that sure is a bad job!  :o

And I just heard this one, Garrisson Keillor and more:
"If a husband is alone in the woods, is he still wrong?"
And some said by the female comics in return:
"What do you call a man that's lost 75% of his intelligence? Divorved!"
"All Booster, No Payload."

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #263 on: April 12, 2006, 10:28:32 PM »
Bingo! Exactly! Sandpiper Air I think the company was, I wasn't sure if anyone would know but it was aviation related show and I read it was actually quite long running, I only saw a season or so in the morning on danish tv but of course we can't see all US shows in DK. For extra points, what was the airplane they had? (actually I don't know the answer, hence the question). Btw it just hit me, they have two brothers flying and a slightly dim mechanic, it sounds a bit like Chicken Wings, Mike and Stef in real life and Julio in the comic :D

And that sure is a bad job!  :o

And I just heard this one, Garrisson Keillor and more:
"If a husband is alone in the woods, is he still wrong?"
And some said by the female comics in return:
"What do you call a man that's lost 75% of his intelligence? Divorved!"
"All Booster, No Payload."

Frank

Correct indeed!  Sandpiper Air.  The plane was a Cessna 402.  There were actually two used in filming, one of them N121PP was registered to Paramount Pictures, the other, N121PB was registered to an airline that actually flew out of Nantucket.

Some trivia for you... the sign on the field by the terminal building has it called "Tom Never's Field".  In reality, there is a Tom Never's field, but it's not the name of the airport there.  It's the name of a baseball field on Nantucket Island.  The shots you see of the terminal building are shots of the actual Nantucket Airport terminal building.  Coincidentally, there actually was a small commuter airline run by two brothers there, and they had a bird-like blue and grey logo, but it wasn't a sandpiper bird, and it wasn't called Sandpiper Air.

The producers of the show were the same team that did the show "Cheers", and hence had a number of episodes of both shows with crossovers of actors and characters from one making appearances on the other.  On a sad note, one of the three producers, David Angell, was on board one of the planes on 9/11/2001.  On a happier note though, Amazon.com now has available for pre-order Season 1 and 2 of "Wings", which is coming out on DVD on or around June 1st... finally!  Yeah!!

If it sounds like I'm a fan of the show, I am.  I TiVo it every time it's on here... which is at least once per day :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:39:03 PM by Ted_Stryker »

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2006, 11:11:24 PM »
I loved that show.  I used to skip class to watch it, but I didn't know all the trivia about it.  That's awesome that it's coming out on DVD.  Might have to talk my wife into buying it for me.   :)

What channel do you get it on, Ted?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2006, 12:48:25 AM »
Thank you very much for the info, that's great, except the producer-part of course, may they all RIP :(

I've seen at least Dr and Dr Crane (Frasier and Lillith) visit there in a two-part episode I think, but fun to know there were more, just like people from Cheers have appeared in Fraiser and vice versa sort-of. Fhe father of Frasier was in Cheers as a postmaster chief, like Harry Morgan was in MASH as a crazy general before being the new commander Harry Potter later on (also great shows) Btw if I'm not mistaken then Radr O'Reilley was the only person that was in both the movie and series, and Jamie Farr was the only one of the cast that had ever been to Korea although it was after the war ended. And on another connected note, I didn't notice for years that Klinger and the Sheik in The Cannonball Run movies was the same actor lol (he was the only character to appear in all three Canonnbal Run movies (Speed Zone being the third)). I think I've watched too many "Connections" shows on the Discovery channel lol.

I hope Wings is also released on Region 2 DVD, or that I can move to USA then that won't be a problem lol.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2006, 02:43:38 AM »
I loved that show.  I used to skip class to watch it, but I didn't know all the trivia about it.  That's awesome that it's coming out on DVD.  Might have to talk my wife into buying it for me.   :)

What channel do you get it on, Ted?

It comes on here on Nick @ Night via cable.  I think it's long overdue to come to DVD.  I've already got mine on pre-order :)
 ;D

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2006, 02:54:16 AM »
Thank you very much for the info, that's great, except the producer-part of course, may they all RIP :(

I've seen at least Dr and Dr Crane (Frasier and Lillith) visit there in a two-part episode I think, but fun to know there were more, just like people from Cheers have appeared in Fraiser and vice versa sort-of. Fhe father of Frasier was in Cheers as a postmaster chief, like Harry Morgan was in MASH as a crazy general before being the new commander Harry Potter later on (also great shows) Btw if I'm not mistaken then Radr O'Reilley was the only person that was in both the movie and series, and Jamie Farr was the only one of the cast that had ever been to Korea although it was after the war ended. And on another connected note, I didn't notice for years that Klinger and the Sheik in The Cannonball Run movies was the same actor lol (he was the only character to appear in all three Canonnbal Run movies (Speed Zone being the third)). I think I've watched too many "Connections" shows on the Discovery channel lol.

I hope Wings is also released on Region 2 DVD, or that I can move to USA then that won't be a problem lol.

Frank

I'm not sure if it'll be Region 2 encoded when it first comes out, but I can't imagine they'd ignore the international appeal.  If I find out the plan on encodings, I'll let you know, though we'd love to have you aboard here in the USA :)

Other Cheers characters that appeared on Wings were Norm, and Cliff, who came to the island to fish, and never made it past the lunch counter first, then the local bars second  ;D

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2006, 07:55:52 PM »
Wings also had an episode with Cliff and Norm.  They were supposed to go fishing, but ended up staying in the bar the entire time. 

M*A*S*H was a great show, and you're right.  The actor that played Radar was the only one in both movies.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2006, 06:13:31 AM »
Other Cheers characters that appeared on Wings were Norm, and Cliff, who came to the island to fish, and never made it past the lunch counter first, then the local bars second  ;D
Wings also had an episode with Cliff and Norm.  They were supposed to go fishing, but ended up staying in the bar the entire time. 

M*A*S*H was a great show, and you're right.  The actor that played Radar was the only one in both movies.

:o :o :o deja vu   ;D

Speaking of connections: I am watching Airplane right now... Just a great frickin movie!!! Anyway... what’s the deal with Airplane and Seinfeld? (ooo I just noticed that’s how Jerry starts his jokes… That wasn’t even intentional (I know, I know... I'm a dork :D))
Elaine, Kramer, George, Lloyd Bridges (as one of the Mandelbaum and McCroskey)

I don't know if that was deliberate... or if I am the only nerd to notice...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 06:52:06 AM by Callisto »
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.