Author Topic: Humor....I need Humor!  (Read 1727565 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Humor....I need Humor!
« Reply #1545 on: January 29, 2008, 08:55:53 PM »
or could be some one who plays a strange aboriginee (forgive spelung) musical instrument  ::thinking::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

airtac

« Reply #1546 on: January 29, 2008, 11:27:53 PM »
Some strange Australian animal? Kind of kangaroo, or koala, I dont know :)
Don't confuse the issue here --- I'm trying to catch him in his "sober window" - that magic 20 minutes out of 24 hours when he's coherent ::wave::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #1547 on: January 29, 2008, 11:36:51 PM »
Hey Gibbo..........What's a "removalist" ??? ??? ???

Sorry, should explain, we hired an Office Removal company to move the office where I work. The "removalists" didn;t have alot of teeth, so i though it fitted with Mom's joke.  ::) Maybe it didn't.

AND A 20 MIN "sober window" crikey mate thats a long time to be sober  ;D ;D  ::drinking:: *hic*  ::rofl::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1548 on: January 30, 2008, 04:19:25 AM »
Hey Gibbo!!   ::wave::

I was going to ask you, too, what a "removalist" was....  I thought maybe it had to do with a guy who went around and pried the jars of Vegemite out of Aussies' hands when they died, or something!    ::rofl::

I LIKE it....  I mean, that the removalists had few teeth....  and yeah, it went with the joke perfectly!   ;)

There was a good friend back home, who had company come and visit once from the big city.  The visitor was a tall, urbane, rather handsome man, and when they went for a walk in the little village where I am from, they ran into one of the locals.  I mean, LOCALS.

My friend was polite and introduced the visitor to the local yokel, and the guy stared at the stranger in awe and said:

"NICE TEETH!"

No kidding!   My friend was so mortified, yet he was also laughing his butt off.  It became one of our favorite Hometown Stories.   ;D   ;)

:D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1549 on: January 30, 2008, 04:34:13 AM »
AND A 20 MIN "sober window" crikey mate thats a long time to be sober  ;D ;D  ::drinking:: *hic*  ::rofl::

Aw now Gibbo, isn't that about right?  Just enough time to get the new Crownies out of the ute?!?  And lug them in the house?!?  And throw some in the fridge?!?  And pop a new one?!?     ;)   :D   ;D   ::drinking::

::drinking::

airtac

« Reply #1550 on: January 30, 2008, 05:24:12 AM »
Mom, you make it sound like Aussies are a bunch of wild-ass beer swilling rebels :P

Isn't that just an urban type legend ::)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1551 on: January 30, 2008, 05:36:39 AM »
Yeah, yeah, I guess it IS just an urban legend.....  pretty crazy in town....

But the rural Aussies I met were just as legendary!!!!      ::drinking::      We partied ALL the time.....    ::sweat::

Wasn't sure I was gonna survive....  they are GOOD.    :D     

::drinking::           ::drinking::           ::drinking::            ::drinking::         ::drinking::

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #1552 on: January 30, 2008, 07:15:21 AM »
the little village where I am from,

Yep --- went there once---Heard that is where they invented the "toothbrush"

Any where else in the world and they could have called it a "TEETHbrush"...  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

airtac

« Reply #1553 on: January 30, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »
the little village where I am from,

Yep --- went there once---Heard that is where they invented the "toothbrush"

Any where else in the world and they could have called it a "TEETHbrush"...  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Gordy--you and I are gonna be in deep dodo if we don't start watching our mouths around Soccermomsy---yesterday I made a remark about French-Canadians and eyebrows and I got the distinct feeling I was being placed on "the list"!   ::eek::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 30, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHH Airtac is a marked man now keep away lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

airtac

« Reply #1555 on: January 30, 2008, 02:28:02 PM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHH Airtac is a marked man now keep away lol
Until you find out how good her aim is, it would be prudent to keep at least 5 meters distance from me ::sweat:: ::rambo:: ::rambo::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 30, 2008, 02:58:40 PM »
Whats the duck and cover drill again  ::thinking::

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #1557 on: January 30, 2008, 04:02:27 PM »
Whats the duck and cover drill again  ::thinking::

"What do we do when we see Soccer Mom going after Airtac? Duck and cover!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0K_LZDXp0I

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

airtac

« Reply #1558 on: January 30, 2008, 04:57:57 PM »
Well now, see, in the rural area where I grew (SAC bases hearby) we adopted a more pragmatic approach, rather than "duck and cover" we figured it would be more practical to just bend over and kiss our butt goodby! ::knockedout::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #1559 on: January 30, 2008, 07:50:38 PM »

Aw now Gibbo, isn't that about right?  Just enough time to get the new Crownies out of the ute?!?  And lug them in the house?!?  And throw some in the fridge?!?  And pop a new one?!?     ;)   :D   ;D   ::drinking::

::drinking::

::rofl:: Aww Mom, see this is what happens after a small trip over here  ::thinking::, you know all of our secrets  ;D  ::sulk:: not that we have a lot of them ;)

Mom, you make it sound like Aussies are a bunch of wild-ass beer swilling rebels :P

Isn't that just an urban type legend ::)

;D ;D ;D *hic   Oh, Airtac, we resemble that remark  :D ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::whistle::  >:D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:53:15 PM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww