Author Topic: Humor....I need Humor!  (Read 1727285 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Humor....I need Humor!
« Reply #1365 on: November 01, 2007, 05:55:19 AM »
Sigh, and again my attemps at jokes with a dose of reality-isn't-that-bad crashes and burns.

Frank, if we couldn't laugh about our "experiences" with our ex-wifes . . .
 . . . we'd be in the wrong forum.

I really just thought your post was funny, intentional or not!
Was a good laugh!!  ::wave::

No deep thoughts behind it!!
like I said --> pilot forum!!
you know very well that deep thoughts and pilots don't mix
HAHA
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1366 on: November 01, 2007, 05:58:51 AM »
Ok, I just wanted to be sure, because nice people like you guys/gals are too valuable to loose so I'd just make sure. I often check myself too to make sure I haven't slipped in my behaviour (especially driving) and that's one of the reasons I do as well as I do (11 yeards driving, no damage or tickets).

Did you like the joke at the bottom btw? As I said it was one that just thought of just as I was finishing the post.

Edit: And here's another one from a webcomic I'm reading from the start: http://corneralley.comicgenesis.com/d/20040308.html (Noelle Manchides is an elf and 100 years is still young for them).

Frank
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:03:19 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #1367 on: November 01, 2007, 06:12:27 AM »
Like, I'd love a Grumman F-14 Tomcat to fly in,
Frank

Ahhhhh, but would she, (the F-14), understand you??

Thats my problem.. My ex-wives could not understand me like LaFawnduh or Lucy do... And I quote..

"The average helicopter pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feeling as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just do not involve anyone else."
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

airtac

« Reply #1368 on: November 01, 2007, 06:51:28 AM »
(This is of course a joke on the stereotypical nagging wife, in real life I doubt many of those exist, and in several cases the husband probably did something to deserve the chewing out :D).

Frank

Your joking right.."dont exist"--bullsh*t--why do you think I am an EX-husband--twice--You have never been married huh?????
Got bit twice, HUH---I suppose that could make ya a little cynical..............One divorce was enough to change my attitude for life :-\

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #1369 on: November 01, 2007, 12:36:34 PM »
I got this verrrrrry tempting little note in my email today. Who ever sent it must not know our government very well!!! 6-9 days for a refund ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: Now if they had said 6-9 months, it might have been a bit more believeable ;D ;D ;D

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $109.30. Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-9 days in order to process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

To access the form for your tax refund, please click here

Regards,
Internal Revenue Service
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #1370 on: November 01, 2007, 01:00:56 PM »
It is 6-9 days to process it. That means, I believe, 6-9 days till someone puts it in "has time" directory :)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1371 on: November 02, 2007, 07:57:42 AM »
Frank,  stop worrying about what other people think and be yourself.     For one, you don't say anything that ever offends anyone here anyway.   

You don't need to apologize becasue someone *might* be offended.  Unless you *know* it's going to offend someone don't worry about it.

We all know you're a good guy with good intentions, just have fun and enjoy yourself!   Worrying so much is going to give you heartburn!

If you offend someone unintentionally, apologize... but there's no need to apologize pre-emptively.   We're all friends here and there's no need to do that with friends!
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1372 on: November 02, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »
Okie dokie smokie, 10-4, roger wilco, it has sunk in now |:)\
Besides after the morning walk Mike got me to take has left me exhuasted. Something happend later, not connected to the walk but this isn't the thread for it.

Did anyone read my chicken-crossing joke?

Frank
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 01:30:35 PM by Frank N. O. »
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #1373 on: November 03, 2007, 04:18:37 AM »
Okie dokie smokie, 10-4, roger wilco, it has sunk in now |:)\
Besides after the morning walk Mike got me to take has left me exhuasted. Something happend later, not connected to the walk but this isn't the thread for it.
Frank

You met a woman and fell in love..made mad passionate looove???  Dont hold us in suspense Frank...you know that is not fair... ::whistle:: Ya know---walking is healthy for you...

Ya know, I have two theories on understanding women..

Neither one worked.. ::loony::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1374 on: November 03, 2007, 05:15:48 AM »
Ya know, I have two theories on understanding women..

I only have one:

Women... Can't live with 'em.  Pass the Beer Nuts.    ;D>:D ::drinking::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1375 on: November 03, 2007, 05:18:37 AM »
Did anyone read my chicken-crossing joke?

Frank, that's the best explaination I've heard to date!   ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1376 on: November 03, 2007, 05:45:24 AM »
Roost: Hahaha, good one (btw, does the women you can't live with include barmaids?) :D

G-man: Actually it was a story that started sad but went ok. My mom had to go to the doctor with heart-problems and was then driven by ambulance to the hospital but she came home in the evening and seems to be ok.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #1377 on: November 03, 2007, 07:01:35 AM »
I did find out after I came up here that I did most of my flight training in a chicken...
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #1378 on: November 03, 2007, 06:35:53 PM »
Redneck Tank Top!   ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #1379 on: November 03, 2007, 07:29:12 PM »
Bill Hicks the comedian-i love my job,not because of sharing lughter and all this shit,but because of the fact that i dont have a boss! well,in my jobs with job its like this- "Hicks! how come youre not working?"
"cause there nothin' to do!"
"then why dont you pretend like youre working?"
"why should i pretend? you get paid more you'll pretend! also pretend that im mopping the floor,knock yourself out! pretend theyre buying stuff and we close up,pretend that im the boss and youre fired,thats a fantasy..."

so,im sitting in a waffle house,im alon,im reading,and im eating,so,the waffle waitress come over to me and asks me "what's you're reading for?
"well.... i never have been asked that! shit,you stunt me! what am i reading for... what am i... well,i guess theres a lot of reasons why i am reading for,but one of them is NOT BEING A FUCKING WAFFLE WAITRESS,yeah... that is really high on the list",so... the guy in the next booth comes to me and says "well... look like we have ourselves a reader" what the fuck is going on? i'm not readin in a non-reading zone am i? am i stepping out of some intellectual closet? i read! there,i said it,i feel better now...
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen