Author Topic: Say the winds again please  (Read 10079 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Say the winds again please
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 01:09:00 AM »
I googled for Aztec and Seneca and found some 3-way drawings even, and it is a big-nose Aztec. The wrap-around twin windshields that droop down on the back-end is distinctive, as is the underside intake on the engine-cowling that the Seneca doesn't have either. I looked at both a Seneca II and V and the tail doesn't have the small forward leading edge that the Aztec has so it's clear now. Unless of course Stef comes and says it's something completely different again LOL.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 01:27:08 AM »
I googled for Aztec and Seneca and found some 3-way drawings even, and it is a big-nose Aztec. The wrap-around twin windshields that droop down on the back-end is distinctive, as is the underside intake on the engine-cowling that the Seneca doesn't have either. I looked at both a Seneca II and V and the tail doesn't have the small forward leading edge that the Aztec has so it's clear now. Unless of course Stef comes and says it's something completely different again LOL.

Frank
AAAAAANNNND, the gear door bulges under the cowlings are AZTEC  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,   STEF ! where are you---just like the typical expert, he's never around when you need him !

Ya know what, I forgot to list Aztec and Apache on that other thread--OH WELL-
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 01:29:16 AM by fireflyr »

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 01:28:49 AM »
Ya know what, I forgot to list Aztec and Apache on that other thread--OH WELL-there
LOL the list just keeps growing eh?  8)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006, 01:32:04 AM »
Yeah, and since I do have CRS---there's probably more-----OOOOO-OOOOO did I mention I got the opportunity to taxi a Sikorsky Aircrane----does that count ???????????

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Yes, it's an Aztec !!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2006, 02:20:20 AM »
OK ok . . . OOOHHHH KEEEEHHHH!!!
Hold your horses!

I just looked it up:
Yes, it is an Aztec!! Everybody can keep their points!   ;D
The full callsign was N1136V when it was conceived a few years back.
The "36V" came from a C-172M I used to fly which crashed a couple of years ago.  The "11" we added so it wouldn't be an N-number that belongs to a plane.
Right now though, when I just did this search again it turns out that N1136V now belongs to a Beech 36TC, so we might change it. Usually we don't use the full call-sign for that exact reason.

The C-172 registration number still has no "real" plane attached to it and the N-Number for the Hughes 500 Chuck flies belongs to an aircraft of one of my old students own and I used to fly. For the number for the Twin Otter I will ask my brother (he has all that written down)....

After trying to remember the details (CRS!!! remember?) I think I wanted the Seneca because I have worked on them and flew them (wait! is that on my list?) but knew nothing about the Aztec. But if I remember right the argument was that the Aztec is not that common and easier to draw....

I hope that clears things up a bit...
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 08:30:20 AM »
Haha! Hey guys! I'm sorry for not participating earlier, but I thought the topic was thoroughly discussed when I last looked at it yesterday... And then I went to bed much earlier than usual, because I have a bit of a jet lag.

Anyway, Mike's right: It's an Atztec! To be honest, it was a pretty arbitrary choice when I made it. I was just flipping through my aircraft encyclopedia looking for a small twin engine aircraft and decided on the Atztec simply because of its looks. I am really amazed that you guys could tell the type from my drawings!!! I probably couldn't do that myself, even though I've drawn it!  ;D

I also remember arguing with my brother about the choice between the Seneca and the Atztec, but I insisted on the Atztec for some reason I can't really remember. I just took a look at my Encyclopedia and I think it was because the Seneca is not in there (although I don't know why), so I think that's probably why.