Author Topic: No news....  (Read 4520 times)

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
No news....
« on: June 08, 2009, 08:39:51 AM »
OK, I was waiting for my sandwich at the local deli the other day.  With nothing better to do I watched CNN on the TV there.  They had and "expert" on discussing the missing Air France flight.  So I saw 10 minutes of "There's no evidence it was terrorism, but none that it wasn't so we can't rule it out",  "So it might have been terrorism?"  "It could have been anything, we don't have any evidence, so it may have been terrorism, we may never know". etc etc.  I just remembered why I read my news off the internet these days.  Take me 2 seconds to read a headline that says "no new evidence on missing flight".   ::banghead::

Sorry, just my short little rant.
Phil

Offline Franz

• Cockerel
  • Glider Pilot
    • Sportfluggruppe Leck
Re: No news....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 10:11:20 AM »
Yep, it probably was al-Quaida because of France' position on the Iraq war . . . .
 :o ??? ::thinking:: ::loony:: ::banghead::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 11:31:34 AM »
Then again it might of been our little green guests in ther UFO's  ::whistle::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline mtnman

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 12:51:43 PM »
I hear Hollywood is hoping to find a few photogenic survivors on a mysterious lost island and....oh, never mind.  already been done.
 ::sick::
sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday....see, there is no "someday"!

Offline mtnman

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 03:03:33 PM »
hope my lst was not taken to speak lightly of the loss the families are feeling right now....sometimes my flakey sense of humor and the strange gets in the way...obviously prayers and consolences are with the families of lost loved ones....if I offended, apologies....
 :(
sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday....see, there is no "someday"!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 03:22:01 PM »
hope my lst was not taken to speak lightly of the loss the families are feeling right now....sometimes my flakey sense of humor and the strange gets in the way...obviously prayers and consolences are with the families of lost loved ones....if I offended, apologies....
 :(

mtnman

NO offense taken. It is called "black humor". I often would like to post similar comments, yet hold back because there are some on this site who are a "tad sensitive". I personally thrive on that type of humor--it certainly is extremely prevalent in the fire and aviation world. I read an excellent definition of it once which I will try to dig up and post.

I say keep up the "black humor", maybe we could post it in orange so the sensitive types will not take offense..
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »
my guess is that it wasn't a terrorist thing...

They usually make sure everybody knows exactly what happened and somebody gets to watch...
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 04:45:17 AM »
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 07:12:15 AM »
WHOA!!! when did Airbus and Rolls Royce develop faster than light propulsion units?!?! 
 is a Aribus A330 cleared to go that fast off the coast?  ::unbelieveable:: ::eek:: ::loony:: ::complaining: ::banghead:: 
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 01:56:54 PM »
Good catch G-man.