Author Topic: What have you flown so far?  (Read 186227 times)

Offline FB41

Re: What have you flown so far?
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2006, 09:21:08 PM »
Hi Folks... This is my first posting in this forum. Hope it doesn't sound boastful.  ;D

Aero (Twin)Commander
AC500   A & B
AC560   A
AC560   E & F
AC680

Aeronca
AC7      Champ

Beech
BE24      Sierra
BE55      Baron 55
BE77      Skipper
V35      V-Tail Bonanza
BE58      Baron 58
BE76      Duchess
BE90      King Air 90

Do we have another AirAttack guy in here?
I am picking up on al the Twin Commander time..... ;)

You're the first guy to control a Harrier in this forum here! AWESOME!

You should've seen the grin on my face after the first flight! Every flight was always a hoot!

fireflyr

« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2006, 01:36:40 AM »
Hi Folks... This is my first posting in this forum. Hope it doesn't sound boastful.  ;D

Aero (Twin)Commander
AC500   A & B
AC560   A
AC560   E & F
AC680

Aeronca
AC7      Champ

Beech
BE24      Sierra
BE55      Baron 55
BE77      Skipper
V35      V-Tail Bonanza
BE58      Baron 58
BE76      Duchess
BE90      King Air 90

Cessna
L-19      Birddog
172      Skyhawk
182      Skyklane
208      Caravan
210       Centurion

Mooney
M20-231

Maule
M7-235    Seaplane (straight floats)

Piper
PA28       Cherokee, Warrior, Archer
PA28RT   T–Tail Arrow
PA28R   Arrow
PA31      Comanche  180 & 250
PA32       Cherokee 6-300
PA32R   Saratoga
PA23      Apache
PA23      Aztec
PA31      Navajo, Chieftain
PA34      Seneca
PA44      Seminole
Rockwell
AC100    Lark
AC114

Grumman
AG- CAT
AA1      Yankee
AA5      Cheetah

Lear 24   (SIC ONLY)

TAV-8A    Harrier   
(USMC-Backseat FUN rides with some stick time in the mix)   

Bell-47   (Dual only)

CB300   (Dual Only)

WAY COOL!!!

fireflyr

« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2006, 01:38:56 AM »
Piper Tomahawk
Cessna 150, 152, 172, 172RG
Aeronca Champ
Diamond DA-20 (Katana and Eclipse)

Everything else was just ground run:
Super King Air 200
Beech Duchess
Cessna 182 (new one... oooooh)
Diamond DA-40
Beech Bonanza

The second list involved airplanes I'd repaired or serviced, and did the necessary ground runs.
One of these days, I'll add my 801 to the first list.

The 801 will also be way cool  ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 05:55:32 PM by fireflyr »

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2006, 03:20:03 AM »
Cessna 150, Cessna 152, Cessna 172 (various sub-types), PA-28-140, PA-28-180, Piper Warrior, Piper Archer, Mooney 201, Cessna 172 RG, Navion, Citabria, Pitts S-2B, S-2C, Great Lakes, Twin Commander, Piper Arrow, DA-20 Eclipse, DA-40 Diamond Star (G1000), Cessna 182, Sonex, 737-200 (two hours sim time at United... if that counts), NYP.

TM

What did you think of the Navion?  My brother-in-law is thinking of buying one.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2006, 04:56:09 AM »

I only did three flights/three hours in one and it was about six years ago. I enjoyed it, but it's a design of it's time with some things that we would consider a little unusual today (e.g., the gear switch protection system, hydraulic flaps that have two positions-- up and 45 degrees... and they go down in a snap and throw you forward in the plane). Getting parts can also be an adventure. But, in a nutshell, it reminded me of a 1960s car: Huge, built like a tank, fuel economy be damned. Not sure I'd want one, but that's just a matter of personal preference... I enjoyed the hell out of flying it.

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2006, 05:05:28 AM »
Cool.  Thanks.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

fireflyr

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2006, 02:18:03 AM »

I only did three flights/three hours in one and it was about six years ago. I enjoyed it, but it's a design of it's time with some things that we would consider a little unusual today (e.g., the gear switch protection system, hydraulic flaps that have two positions-- up and 45 degrees... and they go down in a snap and throw you forward in the plane). Getting parts can also be an adventure. But, in a nutshell, it reminded me of a 1960s car: Huge, built like a tank, fuel economy be damned. Not sure I'd want one, but that's just a matter of personal preference... I enjoyed the hell out of flying it.

Ditto on everting TM says but that rock-solid handling translates to rock heavy climd  ;D  A real nice performer of basicly the same desig (actually considered a screamer by some) is the Meyers 200---all the solidness with no vices.    Of course it's more money---eh, what else is new? :-\

TM

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2006, 11:16:45 AM »
In chronological order (I think):

DC-10 (No idea what actual type as I was 10 at the time and the flight crew came and asked if I wanted to sit the flight out in the front after my first visit to the cockpit...)

DHC-Twin-Otter, "SE-KOK" Now in Chicago under new tail number...
C-206 (the caravan one...)
C-130 (Not sure I am allowed to talk about it...)
Antonov AN-2 (~5 hours)
Britten-Norman Islander (~20 hours)
Shorts Skyvan (~5 hours)
SAAB 91 Safir

Most of my flying experience is regarding to skydiving and sitting in the rear as a Jump Master (Cargo/Load master for you strict flying types) but from time to time I had the opportunity to help the pilots (refueling, food, drink or just ferry buddy). That is how I ended up in the cockpit from time to time, being friendly to the jump pilots. Why the C-130 Cmdr let me hold the stick for a while is a bit unclear to me but running through his empty cargohold screaming "Tax Refund!" and jumping off at 15 000 feet might have something to do with it...

What do you guys think, should I go and start my PPL??? Problem is I have driven a lot of twins not sure I would be comfortable with a single...and I hate taxiing.
...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2006, 02:53:05 PM »
...and I hate taxiing.

ya gotta get to the threshhold somehow! ;D
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2006, 03:49:14 PM »
Uhm, the pilot jumped out!? Wow, weird :D

If you hate taxiing then park in a smaller airport so there's less distance to take-off :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2006, 09:04:20 AM »
...but running through his empty cargohold screaming "Tax Refund!" and jumping off at 15 000 feet might have something to do with it...

That was me running through his hull not the pilot, the para troopers being jump masters at the time was face down on the deck wriggling with laughter as I ran past them...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 09:06:57 AM by ZAIZAI »
...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2006, 01:39:34 PM »
Ah sorry, I must've read too fast but that makes more sense. But did you get to hold the controls before or after the jump (after the jump of course menaing on another flight), I also noted it said empty cargohold, but para troopers laughing, it confused me a little. But it sounds like fun nevertheless  |:)\

Frank
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 01:42:36 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline STL206

« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2006, 05:37:22 PM »
Airplanes:

Cessna 152
Aeronca Champ
J-3 Cub

Helicopters:

R22 B and BII
R44 R and RII
BHT 206 BIII and LI
Enstrom 280C

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2006, 09:32:06 AM »
Ah sorry, I must've read too fast but that makes more sense. But did you get to hold the controls before or after the jump (after the jump of course menaing on another flight), I also noted it said empty cargohold, but para troopers laughing, it confused me a little. But it sounds like fun nevertheless  |:)\

Frank

...Well two paratroopers and me in the back of a C-130 usually means the hold is pretty empty. Sure one of them is a bit on the chubby side but not that large (hope like h*/l he is not reading this or I'm in trouble).
Yea on the ferry flight back to base I was allowed to hold the thing level and make a turn, just for a few minutes though as the crew would get into trouble if anyone "important" found out...
...Lurker...

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2006, 05:55:59 PM »
Wow, I'm impress by your lists guys! As not commercial yet, my list is verry short:

C-150
C-172
Piper Aztec

Someday, I have to add the DeHavilland Beaver to that list. I went fishing with this flying truck (as a passenger) and I was verry impress by the takeoff caracteristics.