Author Topic: What have you flown so far?  (Read 186263 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: What have you flown so far?
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2007, 09:16:37 PM »
hi,

my verrrrry big impressive list:

HR20 (PIC)
R300 (Dual)
R200 (Dual, aco)

greetings,
digits
I'm impressed considering I don't even know what those airplanes are---- ???
::rofl:: my thoughts exactly, although I think the R200/300 sounds like designations used for small french Robin GA planes?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline digits

• Fledgling
  • Dare to fly the impossible
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2007, 10:10:43 PM »
hi,

HR20 (PIC)
R300 (Dual)
R200 (Dual, aco)

greetings,
digits
I'm impressed considering I don't even know what those airplanes are---- ???

nice *feels important* *smiles* ahum *smiles again*

they are all robins (french constructor, they call it the "french equivalent of the cessna").

HR20 = Robin 200

R300 = Robin 3000 (4 seats)

R200 = Robin 2000 (2 seats, acro)

so, no exotic planes  ;)
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2007, 10:23:02 PM »
Wow I was actually right for a change  :D
Actually to most of us then Robins probably are exotic  ::rofl:: They do look nice though :)
The 4-seater, is that the one formerly/also known as the 400DR or something like that? The one with the bent outer wing-tips for better low-speed control?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline digits

• Fledgling
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2007, 10:27:47 PM »
Actually to most of us then Robins probably are exotic  ::rofl:: They do look nice though :)
The 4-seater, is that the one formerly/also known as the 400DR or something like that? The one with the bent outer wing-tips for better low-speed control?

Frank

i don't know about the 400DR, but it has wingtips indeed. don't know whay  :D
i'll try to take them off next time and see what happens  ::) ::cowboy::
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. - Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #139 on: January 06, 2007, 10:42:40 PM »
hi,

HR20 (PIC)
R300 (Dual)
R200 (Dual, aco)

greetings,
digits

What does aco mean?  ???
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline digits

• Fledgling
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2007, 11:04:15 PM »
hi,

HR20 (PIC)
R300 (Dual)
R200 (Dual, aco)

greetings,
digits

What does aco mean?  ???

allright, their was a 'r' missing. its acro = short for acrobatics = aerobatics

i think acrobatics is more like a dutch-english-non-existant word :)

fireflyr

« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2007, 05:11:53 AM »
Nice airplanes---have fun :)

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »
hi,

HR20 (PIC)
R300 (Dual)
R200 (Dual, aco)

greetings,
digits

What does aco mean?  ???

allright, their was a 'r' missing. its acro = short for acrobatics = aerobatics

i think acrobatics is more like a dutch-english-non-existant word :)

Acrobatics is what a gymnast does (or, in fact, an acrobat).  But we knew what you meant...  ;)
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »

Frank

Did you mean winglets, Frank?  Winglets reduce induced drag (drag created by lift), and actually produce a thrust vector, slightly increasing true airspeed.  They're pretty cool, actually.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »
Well I don't think they can go under the term winglets but here's a picture of a DR400 so you can see for yourself, and yes winglets are great, I just don't think it's possible to fit some on my dreamplanes sadly.

http://www.aeroclubdauphine.asso.fr/img/2_club/avions/DR46.jpg

Frank
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 06:05:15 PM by Frank N. O. »
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2007, 06:06:31 PM »
Ah.  That's different. 
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline digits

• Fledgling
« Reply #146 on: January 08, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »
Well I don't think they can go under the term winglets but here's a picture of a DR400 so you can see for yourself, and yes winglets are great, I just don't think it's possible to fit some on my dreamplanes sadly.

http://www.aeroclubdauphine.asso.fr/img/2_club/avions/DR46.jpg

Frank

i think this is another type. the wings on the R300 are not "bend" in the middle.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »
Well I know that bent-wing model as a DR400 so it's highly possible the 300 uses different wings since I'm not sure what the differences between the models are from that manufacturer except they all look like simple and nice planes :)

Btw, aerobatics in danish is usually also called luft-akrobatik (air-acrobatics) and since the Robin to my knowledge is french then it's highly possible there is no equivalent to the aviation-specific term "aerobatics".

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline digits

• Fledgling
« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2007, 10:40:14 PM »
one more obvious difference between R300 and the pic of your DR400: the R300 has its elevators "on top" of its tail, the DR400 on the bottom of its tail.

Offline switchtech

• Cockerel
  • Climb, Communicate, Confess, Comply
    • SwitchTech's home page
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2007, 02:06:52 AM »
Well I know that bent-wing model as a DR400 so it's highly possible the 300 uses different wings since I'm not sure what the differences between the models are from that manufacturer except they all look like simple and nice planes :)

Btw, aerobatics in danish is usually also called luft-akrobatik (air-acrobatics) and since the Robin to my knowledge is french then it's highly possible there is no equivalent to the aviation-specific term "aerobatics".

Frank

I'm sure the French do the same, of course everything seems to be done the reverse of english, so instead of air-acrobatics, they probably say acrobaties aériennes

or something like that (and thanks babelfish ;)

jbs
The sky and land joined for one brief moment, then we flew - the ground a receding memory for just a little while.