Author Topic: Anna K - Nebe "Sky"  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
Anna K - Nebe "Sky"
« on: May 02, 2009, 03:35:51 AM »
I can't resist but put this video in here even though none of you will understand it.

http://www.o2.music.stream.cz/klip/233165-anna-k-nebe

This is song about what happened to RAF Czechoslovak pilots in the WWII after when communism took over. I will translate a part for you.

The Sky, they know from old times,
The Sky, they got connected with rain in their hair

And so they took thesky from us, took the sky, took the sky from us, took the sky

So we ended all empty
bitter and too much serious
chained and broken in halves

When I heard the song for the first time, I just sat there for some 10 minutes barely able to move, I was really stunned by the song. Whoever of you knows the movie "Dark Blue World" - this is what it talks about.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Anna K - Nebe "Sky"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 04:31:51 AM »
Aw, Fabo...  it says it's not available over here.     :(

But it sounds interesting...  thanks...   |:)\

|:)\
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 06:54:17 AM »
Sorry to say I cant get it either  :-\  but would of been good to of see it  |:)\ |:)\
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 02:52:20 AM »
oops, too bad.

Maybe this would work?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=osN85CUlJJw
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 03:11:35 AM »
WHOA......     ::bow::

This is cool, Fabo....  the look on that old flier's face gives me goosebumps!   Neat stuff...  the old footage is great.

Thanks for sharing!   |:)\

::bow::

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 03:19:50 AM »
Hmmm.. finally saw it. Pretty cool.

Lets just say that I flew for the RAF back in the 80's. I was third generation, there had been a G-man--or immediate relative of G-man since its inception---My grandfather flew on # 2 RNAS (2 sqn Royal Naval Air Service), the predecessor to the RAF. # 2 squadron eventually became 201 sqn. Guess where I flew.... My Father, Mother, and two of my three uncles were in the RAF. I left after 8 years.

I feel for the Czech guys. Their dream was taken away. I have about as much respect for the RAF as S'mom has for her "former employer". (Sorry people---inside joke, deal with it--S'mom knows what I am talking about). I left because of assholes on certain sqns, I would have stayed for life. Luckily I was kicked off 201 sqn and ended up on the reject squadron which was NFTC, (Nimrod Flight Trials Unit), and they thought it was a demotion for me ::rofl:: ::rofl:: little did they know..... The NFTC was a small unit of highly qualified "rejects" that had our own aircraft, were not "assigned" to a specific base, had the best equipment and did all the trials on the new stuff coming out---guess who got to go to all the "fun" spots", ALL over the world during the height of the cold war and have a blast.

Obviously I moved on to better things-----Martooni rant over. I will feel better tomorrow.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 03:30:57 AM »
None of the footage is old, really... speaking of the old man, this is actual R.A.F. colonel Pavel Tauber.

This man, one of many Czechoslovak pilots in WWII R.A.F., fighter-pilot of 310th squadron had an eventful time in the war. Being in the Protectorate in the time of Munich Treason, and subsequent annection, he was forced to work in Nurnberg. From there, he managed to flee to Soviet Union, where he was in captivity for 20 months. In 1941 he fled to the middle east, where he joined British Army, and fought in Tobruk (on semi-related note, there is a movie called Tobruk, you shoud really see it) - he was one of the famous desert rats.
In 1942 he enrolled the R.A.F. and was trained to fly Spitfires.
After the war, he returned to Czechoslovakia, where he worked as flying instructor and airline pilot until 1948, when he was fired and persecuted. Only after Prague Spring events of 1968 was he partially rehabilitated and he was able to work as airline pilot until retirement of 1977. He was only fully rehabilitated after 1989.

He passed away on Saturday, March the 8th, 2008

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 03:35:47 AM »
Hats are off to the Colonel.

:)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 08:14:47 PM »
still cant get it here  :'(
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"