Author Topic: How about your favorite radio station?  (Read 5952 times)

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
How about your favorite radio station?
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:26:25 PM »
let's hear it? check this out - a post i made from another board that i'm a member of-

Here in Houston a little over a year ago KIOL was born because K"L"OL was changed from Rock to Latino after over 34 or 35 years. KIOL is owned and operated by Cumulus Media and they put good ol' rock-n-roll back on the Houston airwaves. so if you like music from Aerosmith to ZZ-Top, give'em a try!

edit: the streaming audio link is right in the middle of the page. it can be kinda hard to see and if it asks you to register, you don't have to if you don't want to.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 08:29:02 PM by plthijnx »
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: How about your favorite radio station?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:39:35 PM »
Radio Nigel for 80s music of most genres including rock, and otherwise most comedy radios except those with prank calls and such since I really dislike those. Btw they are all on the internet and I listen to them via WinAmp on my computer when the ShoutCast system actually works, they keep changing their system the last couple of weeks and now no stations can be found via it's forced genre sorting system.
I rarely listen to music in the car while driving, not much good on the stations I can get and the std. mounted radio has neither casette or CD-player. For the record, the Peugeot 206's forward roof-mounted antenna doesn't recieve radio any better than the Ford Orion's antenna that was the metal in the rear-window heating system thus leaving no holes in the body and no antennas that made wind-noise or could get broken.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:56:45 PM »
The River 95 here in Fargo is pretty good.  They play some awesome new music from Herbie Hancock, Jack Johnson, Maroon 5, etc. and some older Clapton, Van Morisson, and such.  www.river95.com  The "Listen Live" link is right on top in the banner.

For some reason, Clear Channel decided to change a classic rock station in Fargo over to '80's Pop, and one of the Hard Rock stations switched to ANOTHER country station.  That makes like 5 or 6 for an area with less than 500,000 people.   >:(
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 01:32:03 PM »
yeah, i forgot to mention that queer channel, oops i mean clear channel owns the frequency that klol used to play rock on. we have probably 7 or 8 latino stations on the FM band.
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 01:37:34 PM »
www.river95.com
whew!! ryan kelly is a hottie!!

edit: KIOL's morning show is pretty good. Walton and Johnson - just two guys and 4 characters! they're on from 6 to 10 central time....give'em a listen! some days are better that others but what morning show isn't.....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:31:23 PM by plthijnx »

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 02:44:59 PM »
The Buzz is a queer i mean clear channel station here as well but they have a pretty good mix of 2000's rock...click on listen live at the upper right hand corner...... (also they're "babe of the day" catagory is pretty cool, and they have pics for the ladies as well....)

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 02:15:12 AM »
My favorite station is my MP3 player.  ;D  After 10 minutes listening to the radio you've heard all the songs they will be playing for the rest of the day.  ;D ;D ;D

Here in Chicago that's the case anyway. It just gets tedious, esp sitting in traffic. I would imagine the station that plays "alternative" they wouldn't have to repeat the same 5 songs all day.

Eh, just my 2¢
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 09:48:04 AM »
Sirius channel 20... ;D ;D

I've had satalite radio for a couple years now.  I wasn't about to pay for radio until I drove a rental car back from California, after dropping off an airplane, that had it.  I went down to Best Buy and picked up a reciever the next week.  Haven't listened to broadcast radio since.  ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 04:22:36 PM »
i've never looked into satellite radio. how much is it a month?

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 06:41:59 PM »
10 or 12 bucks.  It's not a bad deal if you get a discontinued model on clearance.  Our units were only $25 a piece at Best Buy.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline SkyKing

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 08:56:01 PM »
www.philradio.com

I got tired of the same old songs all the time.