Author Topic: 'TENJOOBERRYMUDS'  (Read 6402 times)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
'TENJOOBERRYMUDS'
« on: April 27, 2009, 01:46:09 PM »
What the f*** does that mean? Let me explain:

Just moved to a new hotel, and thought I would help you all out with some practice in the new world.. This will be especially helpful for Mikey and Nobu working in Mexico.. I can only imagine Nobu, (with Japanese accent), trying to order breakfast in Puerto Vallarta.. ::whistle:: ::whistle::

Practice by reading the following conversation until you are able to understand the term 'TENJOOBERRYMUDS'.

With a little patience, you'll be able to fit right in.

The following is a telephone exchange between myself and the room-service operator at the hotel today......

Room Service : 'Morrin. Roon sirbees.'

Guest : 'Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service.'

Room Service: ' Rye . Roon sirbees...morrin! Joowish to oddor sunteen???'

Guest: 'Uh..... Yes, I'd like to order bacon and eggs.'

Room Service: 'Ow July den?'

Guest: '....What??'

Room Service: 'Ow July den?!?.. Pryed, boyud, poochd?'

Guest: 'Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry.. Scrambled.'

Room Service: 'Ow July dee baykem? Crease?'

Guest: 'Crisp will be fine.'

Room Service: 'Hokay. An Sahn toes?'

Guest: 'What?'

Room Service: 'An toes. July Sahn toes?'

Guest: 'I... Don't think so.'

RoomService: 'No? Judo wan sahn toes???'

Guest: 'I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes' means.'

RoomService: 'Toes! Toes!...Why Joo don Juan toes? Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?'

Guest: 'Oh, English muffin!!! I've got it! You were saying 'toast'... Fine...Yes, an English muffin will be fine.'

RoomService: 'We bodder?'

Guest: 'No, just put the bodder on the side.'

RoomService: 'Wad?!?'

Guest: 'I mean butter.... Just put the butter on the side.'

RoomService: 'Copy?'

Guest: 'Excuse me?'

RoomService: 'Copy...tea...meel?'

Guest: 'Yes. Coffee, please... And that's everything.'

RoomService: 'One Minnie. Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin, we bodder on sigh and copy ... Rye ??'

Guest: 'Whatever you say.'

Room Service: 'Tenjooberrymuds.'

Guest: 'You're welcome'

Remember I said 'By the time you read through this YOU WILL UNDERSTAND 'TEN JOOBERRY MUDS' '.....and you do, don't you!
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: 'TENJOOBERRYMUDS'
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »
I always love flying in Mexico and dealing with ATC:

"Citation N50WJ royah, maintain three fife cero."   ;D
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 02:05:32 PM »
eh? what? and I thought my family from Aberdeen was hard to understand  ::thinking::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 04:56:35 PM »
I was thrown for a loop one evening when I walked into a hotel lounge in South Africa.  I went up to the bartender and he greeted me with "Howzit!?!"   ???  I had to ask him to repeat himself three times before I realized that he was saying Hello to me!   ::drinking:: ::banghead::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 05:25:36 PM »
I was thrown for a loop one evening when I walked into a hotel lounge in South Africa.  I went up to the bartender and he greeted me with "Howzit!?!"   ???  I had to ask him to repeat himself three times before I realized that he was saying Hello to me!   ::drinking:: ::banghead::

Having lived and worked in Hawaii for 7 years, (right next to Nobu), -- "Howzit Brah" and "dakine" are both common terms in my vocabulary.. ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 05:47:34 PM »
Ok put me out of my misery what does 'Tenjooberrymuds.' mean?  ::banghead:: ::banghead::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:05:58 PM »
Ok put me out of my misery what does 'Tenjooberrymuds.' mean?  ::banghead:: ::banghead::

Did you read the story?

If you really cannot figure it out---click on the T and drag to the H:

Thank you very much

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 06:11:31 PM »
I personaly had some major communication problems in Jamaica. English is not my first language and I only had conversation with US/Canada English before going there to give them 4 weeks of training on a software my company build. I remember beeing exhausted each evening because I had to use 100% of my concentration to understand what they were telling me. Just ordernig at the restaurant was a difficult experience.

Didn't took me long to understand that no mather how many times I ask them to repeat, I will still will end up confused. So I just tried my best to understand and give an answer that made sens in whatever they could have been asking. I'm sure that by the end of the first day, they were convinced that I'm a complete retard.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »
yeah did read it but could not figure out the last one

Offline piet03

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »
As a kid living in Puerto Rico,we had a young lady who cleaned the house and did some of the cooking. My dad and I were doing the shopping and using a list the young lady had provided. every thing was cool untill we came across a request for "Jordocs".  We were totally stumped, until we noticed the next item "Pan de Jordocs"(Bread for Jordocs) Turns out she wanted Hot Dogs and Hot Dog buns.