Author Topic: CHUCK'S EARS  (Read 21360 times)

fireflyr

Re: CHUCK'S EARS
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2006, 08:36:46 AM »
Yeah, but it's 8hrs BOTTLE to throttle...
...so.....uhm...

...if you drink the wine out of a fancy glass, you should be ok, right?! ;) ;D

8 HOURS!!!!---I thought it was 8 INCHES!!! :-\   And here I just invested in a wineglass holder that fits on the back of the right seat.  ;D

How does a wine glass holder look like? Is it for white wine glasses or red wine glasses? Or both? What with Prosecco? Tell us, please.
Actually, here in the California wine region, we try not to look lik snobs, so we drink both red and white wines from 1 pint mayonaise jars and that's what my holder is designed for-------what is "prosecco"  ???

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2006, 01:07:39 PM »
1 pint mayonnaise jars! Good God. Cheers then!
Next step is a bucket. That one you can hook on that handle on the roof of certain aircrafts. ;D

Prosecco is a sparkling white wine, but no Champagne. Sweetish stuff, a girls (and brown-haters ;)) drink. But that will fit into a jar as well, I suppose. ::)
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2006, 01:12:36 PM »
Next step is a bucket. That one you can hook on that handle on the roof of certain aircrafts. ;D

Wait Roland! if you ever hook the pint to the handle and it breaks, there is no way you can land. you're obliged to travel all around the galaxy.....
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2006, 01:15:18 PM »
… until you’re sober again. It depends on your liver. ;)
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2006, 04:23:55 PM »

AH AH! You made me remember a quick scene from my past life as a student pilot. I flew (gosh, I'm not sure about the right use of the past!! is it right or does it take another form!?!?) to Samedan, that's a small airport in the mountains, near St. Moritz (Switzerland, BTW). I was there with the instructor and we were going to have a quick lunch plus debriefing before flying back home. At the restaurant I ordered a Skiwasser (that's a kind of syrup with rhum or something alcoholic inside), before realizing, by the glance I was given, tha maybe it was better to go for a coke!!! Opssss!   :( :(
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

fireflyr

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2006, 10:03:14 PM »
Liver, schmiver---who cares!  Doc told me I had to abstain from alcohol, women, and rich foods if I wanted to live longer and I said "then whats the point in living longer?'