Author Topic: CHUCK'S EARS  (Read 21438 times)

fireflyr

CHUCK'S EARS
« on: April 15, 2006, 10:30:27 AM »
Just a thought here (moment of midnite clarity induced by bottle of fine Gewurztraminer), how does Chuck keep his sunglasses on--I mean chickens ain't got ears, also noticed his smile is funny cause chickens don't have teeth=====why=why=why :D
Lucy, you got some splainin' to do!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 10:32:05 AM by fireflyr »

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: CHUCK'S EARS
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 10:04:28 PM »
LOL, funny. And if he doesn't have ears what's the headset for? About the teeth then Chicken's can actually have teeth, at least it's in the genes they found, or maybe it was an extint chicken species that had teeth. something like that.

And of course then there's the thing with Chuck's eyes never being seen, just like Beetle Bailey (although Mort did draw them once, but it wasn't published until many years later in a special).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 09:50:58 PM »
hmmm... Gewurztraminer! Yummy!
I am mostly a red wine fan though. California has some of the best plus they say it's good for you!
(I don't know who "they" are but why would "they" lie, right?!)

Ok, uhhmm... so, what was the question again?
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 12:23:23 AM »
Gewurztraminer? Was ist das für ein Dingsbumbs? Ich have deutsch gelernt für einige Jahre her und eigentlich bin ich teilweise detsch, meine Mittelnahme Nevad ist eigentlich die familienahme des Mutters meine mutters Vater das in Deutschland in 1899 gebohren wurde aber mit eine dënische vater. Bitte um versauhung that meine grammatische fëhichkeiten zu hohen himmel riecht aber obwohl ich die Zeiten verstehst dann have ich grosse Probleme mit den geschlecht zu herstellen.

Men for at fortsætte på mit oprindelige modersmål kan jeg forestille mig at du vil prøve at holde Chucks øjne hemmelige.

Frank

P.S. I haven't written german in years so my spelling besides the gender of the words are probably wrong but considering how little practice I have it's actually pretty good. And that last line said that I understand that Chuck's eyes are probably meant to stay a mystery.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 01:10:43 AM »
Gewurztraminer? Was ist das für ein Dingsbumbs? Ich have deutsch gelernt für einige Jahre her und eigentlich bin ich teilweise detsch, meine Mittelnahme Nevad ist eigentlich die familienahme des Mutters meine mutters Vater das in Deutschland in 1899 gebohren wurde aber mit eine dënische vater. Bitte um versauhung that meine grammatische fëhichkeiten zu hohen himmel riecht aber obwohl ich die Zeiten verstehst dann have ich grosse Probleme mit den geschlecht zu herstellen.

Men for at fortsætte på mit oprindelige modersmål kan jeg forestille mig at du vil prøve at holde Chucks øjne hemmelige.

Frank

P.S. I haven't written german in years so my spelling besides the gender of the words are probably wrong but considering how little practice I have it's actually pretty good. And that last line said that I understand that Chuck's eyes are probably meant to stay a mystery.

Well Frank,
Gewurztraminer is an exceptionally fruity wine---dryer than a sweet dessert wine and very light on the pallette.   Und vas is Dingsbumbs?

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 01:16:45 AM »
Ah, that explains it, I got skills in analyzing language basics, even for words imported from other languages and I couldn't get that to mean anything.

Dingsbums = Doohickey, thingamaging etc. etc. In danish my dad used to say: himstergims til en vejrmøkke. Himstergims is like Dingsbums but to enhance the expression "for a weathermill" was added :D I do think the classic expressions are so much funnier and nicer than modern slang-terms but that's of course individual.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 01:41:13 AM »
hmmm... Gewurztraminer! Yummy!
I am mostly a red wine fan though. California has some of the best plus they say it's good for you!
(I don't know who "they" are but why would "they" lie, right?!)

Ok, uhhmm... so, what was the question again?

Sliver Oaks winery is just down the road and they have a Cabernet that's absolutely killer but I actually prefer a Merlot.   And it is healthy, "they" assured me of that! ;)
Yeah-yeah, I'm such a wine snob----HAHAHA, my primary requisite for a drinkable wine is that it be obtainable for less than 5 bucks a bottle---narrows the field a lot but there are some bargains out there if you shop around.   I generally only splurge for company.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 02:40:48 AM »
Merlot, huh?!

THAT'S MY FAVORITE!!!

I am kind of a wine snob too. We grew up in Austria where the whole country is "wine country" not just a part of it plus my brother worked for a winery for a little while part time....

Here is a funny story:
When I first came here I didn't know much about the heavy Californian red wines and was even arrogant enough to state something like "you Americans don't know your wines....bla bla..."  . . .
Well it turnes out the first time I sat together with people drinking wine, the red ones knocked me on my @$$ man!!! (I think it was the Cabernet)
After a glass and a half I was telling "no shit, here I was" stories!! HA HA :D
Turns out the Austrian red wines are a little lighter (I guess they get less sun than the ones in CA or Australia...)

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 06:44:53 AM »
So it turns out to have some German lessons here. Finally!

Frank. I could not stop laughing for a while being surprised by a full German text here written from a Danish person. GREAT!!! |:)\

Dingsbums? The most important word for an ab-so-lute clear statement about a thing! It can mean everything and therefore it makes it all clear.

Translation: Dingsbums – thingy

Wine? Yea, we live in a whine region here. No wine, no movement, no Dingsbums, no nothing!
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 09:18:54 PM »
Thanks Roland, I'll take that as confirmation the main text was understandable despite the problems with figuring out if the word is a der, die oder das. And that woman is female but girl is neutrum just makes it even more confusing, thankfully danish just has two genders and english one.

Personally I think between jokes and driving, and before I die, flying as well, then I have no need for alchohol, and with my families health-record that should only be a good thing for my chances of reaching old age (long sad story, lets just say cigarettes and beer are extra-bad for my health but luckily I've never had any real interest in trying it, and that also means more money for fuel! :D ).

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 10:05:55 PM »
I saw on TV that 2 beers a day for a guy and one beer a day for a woman is supposed to be healthy!!

And there is also the famous one glass of red wine!

With all that, I'll find out if it's true because I like a beer with dinner and a glass of red wine before I go to bed. Can't get any healthier than that ;)
I'll let you know in 50 years if it worked!

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 10:26:50 PM »
We'll be on pins and needles till then, Mike.   ::) :)
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

fireflyr

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 11:19:36 PM »
We'll be on pins and needles till then, Mike. ::) :)

Yeah Mike, I'll just be holding my breath too.    er, by the way, you were talking 40 oz beers and a a 750 ml glass of red were'nt you ? (Heaven knows, once you pull the cork on that Merlot, it starts to go bad unless consumed NOW!!!) *insert drunk smiley*

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 12:28:58 AM »
Good point!

I don't remember if they mentioned it, but until I find out I might just have one of those beers Firegirl is holding in the "introduce yourself"-picture she posted  ;)

You go firegirl!! |:)\

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 06:10:31 AM »
@ fireflyr:

Finally a person who understands me. My glasses of wine also have 750 ml. An uncorked glass of Malvasier (white wine) shouts to be finished. And I can’t stand that noise!
. And how is that saying going? A glass of wine a day keeps the doctor away?

Pins and needles? Again, as long as there is Malvasier in it, no problem.

Che… hicks…ers, ehm...prost!
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.