Author Topic: "Welcome Back Sally!"  (Read 6170 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
"Welcome Back Sally!"
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:05:38 PM »
Hans must really be feeling safe huh? As I recall then Sally already once went after some of the guys with a broom, and a mop can probably hit just as hard.
There's one thing I don't get though, from last week's strip, how come Julio can't work the coffee-machine when he can fix it?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: "Welcome Back Sally!"
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:08:55 PM »
There's one thing I don't get though, from last week's strip, how come Julio can't work the coffee-machine when he can fix it?
Frank

I know many mechanics who cannot fly, yet can fix the aircraft. Conversely, I do not even know where the oil cap is on my car...
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »
I know many mechanics who cannot fly, yet can fix the aircraft. Conversely, I do not even know where the oil cap is on my car...
Well, using a coffee machine is a fair trot easier than flying an aircraft.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:33:22 AM »
That maybe frank but Julio might not hold the type certificate to work on that certain type of coffee maker.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 07:20:12 PM »
Frank

HAHA, same here!
I never know how many scoops of coffee to put in there. Usually I get it wrong so I have the FNG make the coffee in our office.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »
That maybe frank but Julio might not hold the type certificate to work on that certain type of coffee maker.
In a past strip he fixed the coffemachine so unless they got a new one then I think he does.

Mike: What does FNG stand for?

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 08:22:56 PM »
Frank, repairing something and working on something are two vastly different things and are by no means dependent on any other |:)\

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 08:23:09 PM »
In a past strip he fixed the coffemachine so unless they got a new one then I think he does.
Mike: What does FNG stand for?
Frank

Coffee machines break all the time---I am sure it is a new one that Julio has yet to  be checked out in---otherwise it is really just a cartoon taken out of sequence..

As for "FNG", N is for "NEW", G is for "Guy", and ask soccermom about the F... OR ------never mind---edited the rest in the interest of keeping this clean---go ask me in the "risque" section and I will tell you.......
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:25:28 PM by G-man »
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 10:53:32 PM »
Uh oh....  FNG, eh??   ;D

I'll have to consult my newest FAA-Approved 'Special Helicopter Pilot Terms' Handbook for that one....

;D ::whistle::

::whistle::

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 11:20:28 PM »
Uh oh....  FNG, eh??   ;D

I'll have to consult my newest FAA-Approved 'Special Helicopter Pilot Terms' Handbook for that one....
 ;D ::whistle::

You couldn't just improvise a word??

You obviously do not have your copy of the Special Helicopter Improvisation Thesaurus book then huh??

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 12:24:10 AM »
Aaaahh, Grasshopper!    ::bow::     ::bow::

I DO have my S.H.I.T. book here -- the one you autographed, yes??

But, it's under the leg of the kitchen table...  to keep it level....    ::whistle::

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 07:55:06 AM »
ah i see its SNAFU here in the coop then  |:)\
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"