Author Topic: I wanna fly choppas !!  (Read 4330 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
I wanna fly choppas !!
« on: March 03, 2009, 02:47:17 AM »
HA HA!!

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zBb0NAfus

So true!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(are you behind this video, G-Man?)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: I wanna fly choppas !!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 03:40:01 AM »
Not guilty.. It is pretty good though.

I was resposible for this though:

http://www.heli.com/helicopter-resources/pre-flight-video.php

The whole thing took a week to film and about three months to edit. For anyone looking for an introduction to helicopter aerodynamics/preflight etc--this would be a good place to start. (I did all the flying sequences and also appear in the closing credits).
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 03:53:01 AM »
I've only just seen the first so far, It was real funny when it started, but then it set in: It's already unrealistic enough that I'll ever become a stuck-wing pilot, no way will I ever be able to fly a helicopter  :'(

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 04:38:13 AM »
The first one is GREAT!  I love the NASA form stuff and of course, the last remaining pennies he's counting....  man, is THAT ever familiar....  we used to pool our last coins on the tiny kitchen table and then have a meeting as to what exactly we could afford to buy that day.....  thank goodness beer was 89 cents a six-pack...  and it was actually pretty good.     ;D

And if you had on a down jacket in winter, you could always sneak out the half roll of toilet paper from a gas station bathroom....    ::whistle::

Man, talk about the Glamour of Aviation....   ::silly::

::loony::

I'll have to get to Captain G's videos tomorrow....   ;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 11:23:25 AM »
looks like you might have a convertee to the D**K S**E G-man. might have to go to Aberdeen and work on the rig H*********s either for Bond (if they get the BP contract back) or Bristows.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline cotejy

• Rooster
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 01:27:08 PM »
"can't afford to eat..."

Really! I didn't know you still need to eat when you fly choppers. From what I read on the post in chickenwings, I taught the diet of choppers pilot is fermented oat in liquid form.  ::drinking::

Never been in an helicopter and never wanted to. I've seen to many fix wings pilot giving a try to helicopter. They all do the same: they no longer want to fly fixed wings, sell the house, get their chopper ratings, got divorce, live an happy life. Wait,... maybe I should give helicopter a try.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 03:03:34 PM »
Durn it, Cotejy!  Don't tempt me with the Dark Side!   ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 03:54:49 PM »
 ::unbelieveable:: ::eek:: ::complaining: you mean im not the only one thinking about converting to the Dark Side?
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 04:42:54 PM »
Not guilty.. It is pretty good though.

I was resposible for this though:

http://www.heli.com/helicopter-resources/pre-flight-video.php

The whole thing took a week to film and about three months to edit. For anyone looking for an introduction to helicopter aerodynamics/preflight etc--this would be a good place to start. (I did all the flying sequences and also appear in the closing credits).

Thanks for posting this link G-Man. I just watched a few of the segments and I really like them!
If I was still instructing initial students I would make all of them watch these clips.
Anybody who wants to know more about Schweizers should watch them!  |:)\
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.