Author Topic: Motor skills post flight  (Read 10448 times)

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
Re: Motor skills post flight
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 07:32:09 PM »
What's with the name of the plane? Is it that bad?

Na, I'm very fond of the type actually.  I had trial lessons in a C150, and a PA28 too, but liked the Tommy best.  I liked the elbow room and visiibilty and that fact that unlike in a Cessna I don't feel like I need a cushion to see over the coaming properly!

It just has a bit of a reputation.  After my first stalling lesson I was quite let down that it hadn't tried to murder me as all the dire articles and teeth-sucking I'd heard of it assured me it would;)

It's a nice aeroplane, just maybe not quite as 'docile' as some other trainers.

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 07:35:18 PM »

I don't know if this fits here, but... Have you checked out Leia's website? Here it is:

http://www.leiafee.flyer.co.uk

A great site for those who are taking their firsts steps into the fascinating world of aviation... And even for seasoned flyers it should bring memories back. I spent quite a while reading her adventures...

Nice site, Leia!!!

Ta.

I still enjoy rereading the early bits myself from time to time!

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 09:30:59 PM »
It just has a bit of a reputation.  After my first stalling lesson I was quite let down that it hadn't tried to murder me as all the dire articles and teeth-sucking I'd heard of it assured me it would;)

It's a nice aeroplane, just maybe not quite as 'docile' as some other trainers.

yes and no, if you know how to fly that plane then all is good. when i was practicing for my cfi i had a fellow pilot who didn't have any time in type and his first stall was half a spin or one. one thing though is the x-wind landings, if they are strong and gusty then landing the bird can be tricky.
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown