Author Topic: Valentine's Day  (Read 9820 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Valentine's Day
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 05:39:26 PM »
no that was the previous owner hans's uncle (see i do pay attention to the threads here and read the books daily  ;D )

"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 07:19:55 PM »
no that was the previous owner hans's uncle (see i do pay attention to the threads here and read the books daily  ;D )

YAY!!! A thousand points for Oddball !!   |:)\  ::bow::  |:)\  ::bow::  |:)\

It's "Heinrich the Rooster"! Hans's uncle who built Roost-Air before Hans took it over with his Yogurt background. I think it's mentioned in the "Birdseye View" blog on the homepage but I'd have to look.
We had a whole spin-off series planned of Heinrich the Roosters adventures in WW1 and/or WW2 as flyer in the airforce. Maybe some flashbacks or a "WWHD?" (What would Heinrich the Rooster do?) thing but we didn't get to it yet.

Hans's last name btw is "Übergröβenbacher" or in English letters "Uebergroessenbacher". I don't think we've used it in anything yet but the joke is that "Uebergroesse" roughly translates to "big boy" or "XXL" or "oversized" (Literally it's "oversized"). The other funny thing is supposed to be the long name and that it sounds very very German.
There are soooo many ideas and so little time.....

More trivia for all you guys who really care!  ::wave::

And Rooster: I hope this won't keep you from buying the book, but the Feng Shui jokes ARE in the new book, actually 4 of them.... Sorry!  ::sick::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 08:50:08 PM »
Maybe she'll be like Jessica Rabbit: not really bad, just drawn that way.

Jessica Rabbit is so HOT!!!  ::unbelieveable:: ::unbelieveable:: ::unbelieveable::

Geeze Gil...   ::)  Methinks you want to play "Patty Cakes" with Jessica Rabbit!   ::silly:: ::loony::

I'd Patty her Cakes any day!  ::) ::) ::) >:D >:D >:D
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 11:50:44 PM »
Uebergrossenbacher ::rofl::
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 03:48:59 PM »
And Rooster: I hope this won't keep you from buying the book, but the Feng Shui jokes ARE in the new book, actually 4 of them.... Sorry! 

Only thing preventing me from buying the book is a severe lack of steady employment.   ::eek::  It's mighty slow out there right now, but I'll send you an order once I get things squared away.  These last few weeks I've been rubbing two nickels together... hoping they'll mate.  ::sweat::
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 03:52:06 PM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 05:34:06 PM »
I think its mentioned in the first rew pages of the first book mike when you are introduced to Hans  ::thinking::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 10:46:47 AM »
Aw man, I feel like such a bad fan that I couldn't remember that :(

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 12:11:21 PM »
See Frank your fan rating goes down once you get your books signed lol