Author Topic: Anyone into Legos?  (Read 5454 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Anyone into Legos?
« on: March 22, 2006, 04:54:07 AM »
This is awesome.  I wish I had this much talent and this many Legos when I was growing up.

http://www.ezprezzo.com/crazypics/lego_aircraft_carrier.html
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline wbarnhill

• CAVU but no $ to fly.
Re: Anyone into Legos?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 06:04:34 AM »
Wonder how long it took to amass that many grey bricks.  :D  And the big question is... does it float? :)

I used to love playing with legos when I was a kid.  Entire cities, complete with power lines.  :D

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 01:06:44 PM »
Whoo!! This is awesome! Almost too good to play with though...

I was very much into Technic Lego, up to a time where it could probably be considered childish!  ;D I especially enjoyed constructing things from scratch. The masterpiece was maybe the reconstruction of the Sikorsky S-58T "Screaming Mimi" that was featured in the TV series "Riptide". it was not very accurate,and ended up quite differently, but it had a gatling gun, retractable gear, various doors, and of course moving rotors etc...

The last time I played with Lego was actually only a few months ago! I wanted to see if I could construct a heli with a moving swashplate and adjustable pitch. Of course I succeeded!  ;D But you can only move it up and down and not sway it into a particular direction. Also the tail rotor is not adjustable... Only because I ran out of material, of course! Hehe...   :D

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 04:59:23 PM »
WOW :o
Down to the little lifeboats and everything...

My brother and I had quite an elaborate Lego train set with tons of tracks and trains and stations. It was a lot of fun and I am still regretting selling the whole thing when we were teenagers....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 05:23:23 PM »
I am speechless  :o

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 07:16:48 PM »
WOW!  :o  :o  :o  I was always a few Lego pieces short of what I wanted to build freehand... (Is that like being a few fries short of a happy meal? Story of my life...   )

Speaking of Legos... who's been to the Mall of America in Minnesota? They have a huge Lego set up, "Lego Imagination Center". Where everything is made of Legos. Life size dinosaurs. It's pretty cool.

I don't know who "Matt" is but I found this on Google while searching for the name of the Lego place in the mall. Talk about a Lego nerd! :D

http://www.uravan.com/lego/dino_pictures.htm
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Zaffex

• Cockerel
  • "It's ZULU TIME!!!"
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 12:35:14 AM »
Pretty cool aircraft carrier and dinos. I loved building with all my legos, and I made some pretty cool creations. The only problem was, every time I made something cool, I grew so attached to it that I refused to take it back apart! Some of my creations from my single-digit years are still down in my basement! So every time I made something, my "cool pieces" supply would dwindle and dwindle until there wasn't much to work with. Did anyone besides me notice the lego man in the pictures who fell overboard?
"You know you're a redneck pilot when you think avgas makes a good cologne."

Offline Have Blue

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 01:04:06 AM »
I found that it's alot easier to build good things in a small scale.  This is amazing!  I can never get the little guys to fit right.
"I'm sure as hell not a killer, but flying combat is like a game, and a guy likes to come out on top."
-George Preddy, P-51 ace

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 03:10:42 AM »
I did see the guy in the "water".  Wasn't sure if that was deliberate or not. 

I suppose falling overboard is rarely deliberate.   ;D  I crack myself up.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 11:51:08 AM »
Legos kick ass! and that CARRIER IS AMAZING!  :-X
Well..i used to build cars and airplanes and helicopters including boats...but never that BIG ;D

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 11:36:23 PM »
used to make radio control cars out of my technic lego the gearing was all wrong so they never went up hills lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 06:24:46 AM »
Gulf, have you been down to the MOA?  The legoland in there is pretty impressive.  When I took my last trip down, I spent about 45 min in that store alone.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...