Author Topic: Stef/Mike, doesn't the forum have a function to limit new posters abilities?  (Read 29965 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Some forums, using different software than this, have functions to limit what new members can post until they reach a post count, sometimes 10 posts. The last several spammers have linked to images but with limits then image and link codes would be ignored when they post, of course they might still post links by removing the dots and such but that would require personal editing and usually they are automated programs, besides with all the links they post that would require a lot of re-typing per post so hopefully they will give up.
Also, do erase them and not move them since some spammers get benefits from search bots reading forums and logging the listed email adresses even if the spam post in the forum was then moved, but if it's erased then if the search bot hasn't been here then it won't log the adress of course (at least that's what I think).

Btw, I hope you can get these functions for this forum so you don't have to swap to the other big one since I really by far prefer this software, especially with it showing posts I haven't read which stay there until I actually read/open then and not like the other big brand does where all new posts are just showed for a certain limited time after first visit and then no more, so if there are a lot of new posts then you can easily mis them (I know I have).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
I keep missing all the spam posts---are they posting neked pics or what?
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Awww, G-Man, I was TRYING to be a good Mom, and I deleted them.....

Am I going to have to do like I do at work??  And save it for you??  HEEEE!!!!!!!!   >:D

>:D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Awww, G-Man, I was TRYING to be a good Mom, and I deleted them.....
Am I going to have to do like I do at work??  And save it for you??  HEEEE!!!!!!!!   >:D
 >:D

Ya know it would be rude not too.. ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........