Author Topic: BIGGER PAYCHECK!!  (Read 10438 times)

fireflyr

BIGGER PAYCHECK!!
« on: March 21, 2006, 03:17:47 PM »
Yeah guys, 

There's a lot of truth in THAT humor!     ;D

Reminds me of my previous employer, he felt that I should feel grateful he didn't charge me for the privilege of flying his airplane.

He bought a King Air 250 so he could take his buddies golfing but couldn't afford to pay me per diem.   ???

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: BIGGER PAYCHECK!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 04:15:18 PM »
You mean you can get paid?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

fireflyr

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 04:32:29 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

EXCELLENT, GULF!!!! ;D ;D

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 04:59:11 PM »
When I took this job, they said I could name my salary...

... I call mine "Bob"... ;D ;D ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

fireflyr

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 05:04:22 PM »
"BOB"   BWAA HAA HAAA!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

No more, please, my sides hurt!!!!!

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 04:43:00 AM »

Oh my god! That is so funny!
I gotta pass that on!! :D :D
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 06:37:59 AM »
LOL!!! Hans thinks just like MY boss!!!

;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 04:52:07 PM »
Thanks again for the kudos guys.
As I said before, not much around Chicken Wings is invented...rather "observed!"
Hans is based on a boss I had a few years ago when I was a little flight instructor working my way into the charter world. The name and his shape have changed but the rest of his personality I pretty much left intact (with my brother adding his special touch of course). Since then I have found many bosses who are just like him, cheap, with no understanding what goes on and little regard for what keeps their employess happy....
It's not all that fun to deal with them, but in my case I just keep a pencil with me and write everything down so I can turn it into something funny later. With the boss Hans is based on I kept notes because I was going to use some of what he did against him at some point, but he got fired way before I was going to turn him in. Now I have a bunch of notes and years later this seems funny rather than upsetting.... ;)

Is this a "Sleek Original" ??
I would love to used this in a strip somewhere...
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 04:53:35 PM »
ROFL @ Bob  :D

And about the strip, this just prooves that germans do have a sense of humour, it's a bit weird  ;)

Great work as usual guys!
Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 06:11:13 PM »
Speaking of insane bosses...

Last summer I worked part-time for an outfit that makes grain dryers.  After working my ass off at $8/hr all summer, I asked for a $2 raise one day.  The boss said, "Done."  Later that day, I was discussing how to go about putting a piece of sheet metal on a dryer with the MOST EXPERIENCED GUY at the shop and the other part-timer.  The boss came in the shop and saw us "standing around."  So, he had the office manager (not himself) call both me and the other part-timer in to get fired.

Here it is 7 months later, and it still pisses me off.   >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 03:56:56 AM »
Speaking of bosses:

Mine wanted me to fly a TwinStar today from the north end of the field down to our end for maintenance. It had been sitting at the other place for months for a pre-buy and hasn't flown in forever. When I started my preflight I noticed that the rotors were not turning. The rotor brake was off and there was no N2 lock up so I couldn't figure out right away whats wrong with it. But I kinda knew I wasn't going to fly it!  ;)
I drove back to the shop and told my boss about it. He sent me right back out this time with a mechanic (I guess he doesn't trust me, I am an A&P but I am not one of "his boys" in the shop). Interestingly the mechanic came to the same conclusion "well they're not turning alright" he said. Something locked up in the gear box. Then WE drove back to my boss and I told him the same thing again. He was all dissappointed and I knew he's already trying to figure out how to get the helo in the shop without flying it.
I told him, because he was so crushed it didn't work out: "You know, I can fly without radios, GPS, rotorbrake, and many other things but the rotor not turning....that's something I just can't do without.
Call me crazy! I am just funny that way.
Also, the main rotor is not on the minimum equipment list! HA HA"

I feel a Chicken Wings strip coming on !! Any ideas?!

BTW: I've never had that happen that the rotor just locked up like that. I will kepp you posted if you want what the problem was....

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

Is this a "Sleek Original" ??
I would love to used this in a strip somewhere...

I wish it was Mike...  I think I got that off a poster in the office a couple years ago, can't quite remember now. 
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 03:06:23 PM »
If you want to confuse a student, bring up MEL, MMEL, STC, Required Equipment Lists, etc.  You can just watch the eyes glaze over. :)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 04:10:10 AM »
If you want to confuse a student, bring up MEL, MMEL, STC, Required Equipment Lists, etc.  You can just watch the eyes glaze over. :)

OOPS!! I totally did that, didn't I?
It's hard sometimes since I grew up in aviation pretty much. I don't even try to explain what exactly I do for a living anymore because it's hard to envision if you have never done it... but sometimes it still gets away from me.
MEL...minimum equipment list (an FAA approved list which gives you a guide line on what can be inop and for how long)
N2.....power turbine wheel (an N2 lock up in a helo would be if the freewheeling unit doesn't disengage and the rotor will turn the engine )

anyone smarter yet? still doesn't clarify much, does it?! sorry! If you wanna know more ask me in the helicopter questions thread....

If I had a nickel for every time one of my students eyes glazed over......
....well.....
I would have a s#!t load of nickels.... ;)

Offline wbarnhill

• CAVU but no $ to fly.
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 11:28:04 AM »

OOPS!! I totally did that, didn't I?
It's hard sometimes since I grew up in aviation pretty much. I don't even try to explain what exactly I do for a living anymore because it's hard to envision if you have never done it... but sometimes it still gets away from me.
MEL...minimum equipment list (an FAA approved list which gives you a guide line on what can be inop and for how long)
N2.....power turbine wheel (an N2 lock up in a helo would be if the freewheeling unit doesn't disengage and the rotor will turn the engine )

anyone smarter yet? still doesn't clarify much, does it?! sorry! If you wanna know more ask me in the helicopter questions thread....

If I had a nickel for every time one of my students eyes glazed over......
....well.....
I would have a s#!t load of nickels.... ;)

Why not use FAA Approved terminology?  "Doo-hickey" works for just about every item on the aircraft.  :)