Author Topic: Non-profit Organization  (Read 11044 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Non-profit Organization
« on: October 21, 2008, 12:35:02 PM »
 ::rofl:: wow, that's a new title for pilots, did the real Ed come up with that?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Non-profit Organization
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »
If you work with British Airways I guess you are since they have had a ton of bills and fines to pay recently  ::whistle::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 02:47:22 PM »
This describes just about every Major US carrier except Southwest Airlines!   ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 02:53:13 PM »
This describes just about every Major US carrier except Southwest Airlines!   ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::
What's so special about SW?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 03:14:22 PM »
What's so special about SW?

Frank

From what I understand, they were smart enough to buy years of fuel in advance several years ago when the prices were still down which helped them keep their prices low when everybody else had to raise them.

I love them because they are also very flexible about cancelling and changing tickets which is vital in my business. The max amount I've ever paid was 10 bucks when I changed a ticket for my pilot 30 min before boarding started. That's why all Guardian employees fly SWA as mauch as they can whenever possible.

Also, they seem to have less overhead and high-paid corporate officers than other airlines. Also I think the idea of only flying one type aircraft probably saves them money too when it comes to training and scheduling crews.....

I could go on......
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Mitchell99

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 06:37:41 PM »
Just another reason to fly helicopters ..  ::bow:: ::bow::

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 07:05:58 PM »
That's why all Guardian employees fly SWA as mauch as they can whenever possible.

We do the same at RAS--I have even had a guy miss a flight and STILL get the change for free.. They also have some fun passenger briefings if you get the right crew.. ::whistle:: ::whistle:: I let one of the flight attendants borrow my remote control fart machine, (which goes everywhere with me), on one flight--she got the pilots good.. ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 08:38:39 PM »
Just another reason to fly helicopters ..  ::bow:: ::bow::

Heli-what?  ???  ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ;D
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »
Bluddy h*l*c*p*t*r*   ::rambo:: ::rambo::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »
Another great strip, guys!!!!!!!!!

::bow::

::bow::

:D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 11:24:22 PM »
It's a bot, there are tons of threads right off the bat on google with this title. No idea what the deal is though, except if it's to just puzzle people. At Racerplanet (cargame forum) we had a bot that just posted a joke for a while (a clean joke even).

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 03:23:28 PM »
It's a bot, there are tons of threads right off the bat on google with this title. No idea what the deal is though, except if it's to just puzzle people. At Racerplanet (cargame forum) we had a bot that just posted a joke for a while (a clean joke even).

Frank

Wrong topic, Frank!  ;) I erased the spam-thread just now. Almost a pity, because at many spam threads the replies of all you folks are hilarious! But we gotta be strict with these [insert body part of your choice]s!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 02:19:12 AM »
Ah d'oh, and would you believe I actually did try to check it was the right thread since I had several windows open at the time, but at least now I understand Mary's pm about it haha.

I do wonder about Southwest's fuel purchase, how did they store so much fuel? Boggles the mind.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2008, 07:20:17 AM »
I do wonder about Southwest's fuel purchase, how did they store so much fuel? Boggles the mind.

They do not take delivery of it till needed---hence it is always a gamble.  ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
You dont really buy "fuel". It is more like you bought fuel vouchers.