Author Topic: Could use some positive vibes....  (Read 8570 times)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: Could use some positive vibes....
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 01:37:39 PM »
Cool news..  :) :)
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 04:06:39 PM »
Wow!  Wonderful news, Brian!  Time to give a prayer of thanks to whomever, and raise a glass in gratitude.
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 11:59:01 PM »
Not so good news... The went in today and just did a deeper biopsy. It seems that they are now sure that it is a tumor and probably Lymphoma. The big C. However once they know what they will be dealing with after the pathology report comes back and they will know how to treat it.

Rose is home but sore. they went in from the inside of her lip into her sinuses. Should know more next week. Not the greatest news but the doc are confident that this will be treatable.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 12:34:23 AM »
OK, this means we've gone from toasts to good health back to Rosary Beads.  That sucks, bummer, etc...   ::banghead:: ::banghead::

You guys are in my prayers, Brian.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 08:48:54 PM »
Gee, Brian, you two are having a rollercoaster of a week there.  Sure hope it all goes well, and Rose has a speedy recovery!! 

:)                              :)                              :)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 01:27:46 AM »
Well, the roller coaster is on the downhill slide.....

Rose got the test results back. It's cancer. Her doc is afraid that it may have spread. The only good news (if there is any) is that is is of a type that responds well to chemo. They are being aggressive with it. At 9:30 tomorrow morning we'll be at the oncologists so Rose can get a head to toe CAT scan, Bone Marrow biopsy, and her first dose of Chemo. Gonna be a long day. The hospital's PET scanner is down for repairs but as soon as it's up, she's getting a PET scan as well. Gonna be a long winter. Me only working part time and Rose on half pay from her temporary disability policy... When it rain's, it pours bricks.  ::banghead::

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 01:56:31 AM »
Well, the roller coaster is on the downhill slide.....
Rose got the test results back. It's cancer. Her doc is afraid that it may have spread. The only good news (if there is any) is that is is of a type that responds well to chemo. They are being aggressive with it. At 9:30 tomorrow morning we'll be at the oncologists so Rose can get a head to toe CAT scan, Bone Marrow biopsy, and her first dose of Chemo. Gonna be a long day. The hospital's PET scanner is down for repairs but as soon as it's up, she's getting a PET scan as well. Gonna be a long winter. Me only working part time and Rose on half pay from her temporary disability policy... When it rain's, it pours bricks.  ::banghead::
Brian

Brian and Rose,

Thinking of you both---have no clue what to say---my mother in law went thru similar and is doing OK right now--2 years later. I sent her the following when I found out--Give the following to Rose--it may bring a smile on an otherwise shitty day:

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed that she had only three hairs on her head. “Well,” she said, “I think I’ll braid my hair today.” So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. “H-M-M, she said, “I think I’ll part my hair down the middle today.” So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. “Well,” she said, “Today I’m going to wear my hair in a pony tail.” So she did and she had a fun, fun day.  :D

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn’t a single hair on her head. “YEAH!” she claimed, “I don’t have to fix my hair today!”  ::whistle::

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. Have a Good Day!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 05:42:15 AM by G-man »
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 02:11:20 AM »
I think G-Man basically said it all so I can only add my best wishes and my thoughts are with you.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 05:17:59 AM »
I think G-Man basically said it all so I can only add my best wishes and my thoughts are with you.

Frank

Ditto...   |:)\

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 07:05:03 AM »

Frank

Ditto...   |:)\

Ill go with that  |:)\
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 12:30:18 AM »
Thinking of you Brian!  Please give our best to Rose.   |:)\

I'm glad for her that you are there and able to help her....  it's not an easy haul but I'm sure you will handle it with good ole Yankee toughness.   ;)

We're thinking of you....

Mary**
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 01:49:28 AM »
Just an update...

Rose had her Marrow Biopsy and her first round of chemo yesterday. So far she feels fine. The steroids they had her on already shrunk the tumor enough that she can see from her left eye again. The chemo will really knock it down. The doc's are VERY confident that this can be beaten fairly easily with just chemo as long as it hasn't spread.

Rose get's her PET scan on Tuesday and a second dose of Chemo on Friday. Then she has 3 weeks off until the next round.

Brian

-