Author Topic: So I am in Prague now  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
So I am in Prague now
« on: September 13, 2008, 10:10:17 PM »
Looks like more of us have taken big steps in our lives this year - me, Nick, R/C, Baradium (btw anybody in contact with him? Havent seen him here nor on msn for long time)...

As you may know, I enroll university in Prague - VŠE. The school has a good renome, and I am on its best faculty so outlooks are good.
This Friday, my family and I arrived here for me to settle in student hall of residence. So, as of now, I officialy reside in Prague... beautiful city, though the hall of residence aint the best, but that counts to student life I believe. And I am really looking forward to actual school - my semestre starts at 22nd.

So in case anybody makes a visit - make sure to give me a note and we will give it a beer! ::wave:: (and I am off to get another Heineken,hehe)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: So I am in Prague now
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 03:42:33 AM »
Right on, Fabo!  I've never been to Praque, but I understand it is a beautiful city.

Enjoy the Heinekens!  The Prairie Dog pee that passes for Heineken in the USA is only 3.2% alcohol.  I didn't taste real Heineken (8%) until I spent a night in Amsterdam a few years ago.  Ever since then I won't touch the American stuff!   ::sick:: ::complaining:

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Mic

• Fledgling
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 04:56:47 PM »
So a new step in live Fabo !

I've been in Prague (Praha) few days 2 years ago alone for business and then with my wife. A very nice city where it's so easy to enter into the President castle without any security check, very nice to walk all along the streets and bridges !

I must say I prefer Vienna now but only one can understand here !!!!

Take care and have a nice student year.
A good landing allows pilot to walk out
An excellent landing allows the plane to fly again

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 12:19:07 AM »
I thought I might update a little as well... actually after seeing that Stef has master in my programme - international trade (btw. what school Stef?)... I doubt that school will lead me into drawing comic strips, but hey, its good nevertheless. Though I busted Economy and German is not looking the best too, I am so far fairly happy with my life here. Only thing that bothers me is that I have not been in a plane since October... and havent been on the airport since like then too. Very little flightsimming as well...

But the coop is still here for me :)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 11:26:14 AM »
Hey Fabo! Nice city! I've never been there, but it is quite high on my list. After all it's very close to Vienna. For some reason I only go to see places that are far away though... Well, if I ever make it to Prague, I'll sure get in touch with you!

The only thing I wonder about is: You live in Prague and drink Heineken?!?! Nothing against Heineken, mind! But for me it's more like Starbucks or McDonalds. If I am somewhere where they don't have their own decent beer, you can always fall back on it. It really is a good beer after all. But I think I would only drink local beers if I were in Prague! One of my favorite ones recently is "Starobrno" from the tap, which you can get in a few selected places here. Mmmmhh...

By the way, I went to "Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien" or "WU Wien". I think the official English name is "Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration". How good is your German? They've just abolished the university fees here again, so as a EU citizen you could easly come and study here too! Still, graduating here won't make you into a cartoonist either... ;-)

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 02:18:56 PM »
Hey there! The city sure is beauty, wotrth visiting... I fully understand your urge to go far, far and away though... I have it too, just donthave means to fulfill :)

As for Heineken, that was only one time solution, as I actually bought it for bag it came in - not that the beer was not worth it. Sure tap beer is the best, but StaroBahno, as it is called in here? (Bahno - Mud - closely vocally resembling Brno) Most time I drink either Staropramen (slightly preffered) or Krušovice - as this is what they have at the bar downstairs. Now Pilsner Urquell - that is the beer! Bad thing it cost half more than "regular" brands.

Well, I originally thought that my German is nice, but yesterdays Finaltest in Wirtschaftsdeutsch proved me wrong :-[