Author Topic: Panaca Jane - Aircraft or Assault Rifle  (Read 2979 times)

Offline Grounded

Panaca Jane - Aircraft or Assault Rifle
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:10:43 PM »
I see many posts where people seem to have named their aircraft "Panaca Jane" (probably after applying some vinyl).
A little bird told me a story that the original "Jane" was another type of hardware.
So help a newbie out.  Aircraft or assault rifle?  ??? ::rambo::
The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Panaca Jane - Aircraft or Assault Rifle
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:25:11 PM »
Mike should be answering this but its his helicopter he flies  while fire fighting and other stuff.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: Panaca Jane - Aircraft or Assault Rifle
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:47:21 PM »
I used to fly a corporate shuttle a few years ago in the upper midwest.  The passengers were middle to upper management types at a manufacturer.  These guys used to drink so much beer during their one hour flights that I wanted to name the airplane "The Brew Pub" and have that stenciled onto the nose of the aircraft!

Seriously, 8 passengers could go through a 12 pack of beer plus a pony bottle of brandy or whatever in just an hour's trip!  Those guys were hard core party animals.

Too bad I never followed through on the stenciling, but then again I couldn't post something like that for fear of reprisals.  Best to leave all parties involved anonymous.

Are there any other good airplane or helicopter names out there?

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall