Author Topic: PC12 T/O and Ldg at Courchevel France  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
PC12 T/O and Ldg at Courchevel France
« on: August 10, 2008, 05:25:34 AM »
This is precisely the kind of airstrip Pilatus designed the PC12 for!   ::bow:: |:)\ ::drinking::  Courchevel is a one-way strip nestled in the French Alps.  I forget the length of the runway, but it is short!  It makes up for the lack of length by having an 18 degree slope...  yes, an 18 degree slope!

I have flown PC12's into short, tight strips, but I have yet to fly a PC12 into such a tight strip in a mountainous area.  Sure would be fun to try, though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFzP9CRFdWw
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: PC12 T/O and Ldg at Courchevel France
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:24:33 AM »
They filmed a James Bond film there with Peirce Brosnan as 007 i cant remember which on it was now but it  had a albatross with "nuclear" weapons on its racks i know that and he took off before a Royal Navy lauched cruise missile blew place up.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 06:48:46 AM by Oddball »
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: PC12 T/O and Ldg at Courchevel France
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 01:43:43 AM »
Wild! And I see I was right since I thought it was the one from the Bond movie too, I have it on DVD actually (it came with the DVD player I bought many years ago together with Dr. No and a magazine DVD about the Bond movies). I heard on the DVD audio commentary that they had some trouble flying the two jets so closely in the winds around the mountains.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci