Author Topic: More bad news from Reno...  (Read 6892 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: More bad news from Reno...
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »
I know what use them as a turning marker
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 05:18:28 PM »
Done!

Thanks guys!

I would want everybody to go on as well. I think G-man said it best in the P2V crash thread.
Tell funny stories about me and think of me evry now and then when you drink a German beer (or any beer, really)  ::drinking::

We didn't want to mention her name though in the blog on the home page. Just didn't feel right....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 07:12:32 AM »
Mike and Stef,

The way you approach your forum is top-notch.  Any professional pilot would be pleased to be included in the Chicken Wing annals.

It's even more obvious, in that you're sensitive to the upcoming Races.  If only more pilots could balance your outlook and your sense of humor.

Thank you.

Mary**

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Liberte

• Freedom is Everything
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 07:23:26 PM »
There was an article in the newspaper that the FAA was looking at the air races because of the recent accidents, but it didn't say anything about any changes to the schedule, etc.

::thinking::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 04:45:54 AM »
It was a bit somber to go into Stead last week..  we stood by there for a while.  The flags were at half-mast, and it was hard not to constantly think about the bad few weeks they had there just recently.

But, the sun shines on, and life goes on, and on the day the flags were raised once again to the tops of their masts, we threw a huge BBQ at the base.   All the new people got to meet each other, tell jokes, and remember with respect our friends whom we cannot forget.  There were many big laughs, funny stories, and more than a few tears.  In the best tradition, we all left there with more new friends... 

A very special Thanks to the Tanker Base Manager who made my time there unforgettable.   

Cheers!!   |:)\
Don't make me come back there!!!!