Author Topic: Vista Side Bar comic  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Vista Side Bar comic
« on: July 21, 2008, 11:36:42 PM »
ive just recently downloaded the Garfield and calvin and hobbes comic for windows vista i was wondering if chuck and co would ever make a side bar comic for vista
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Vista Side Bar comic
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:53:08 AM »
ive just recently downloaded the Garfield and calvin and hobbes comic for windows vista i was wondering if chuck and co would ever make a side bar comic for vista

What's a side bar comic??

sounds interesting!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 01:47:48 AM »
On Vista you get gadgets to add onto the side bar and as i said managed to find a daily update of calvin and hobbes and garfield. i have no idea how you can get one going but the thought just came to me.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 02:46:23 PM »
I am not completely sure about how exactly Vista sidebars work (yet, that is, new notebook w/ Vista is on way) - but it should not be that hard. I think of an application that downloads a specific image every time it starts - possibly, if you coud store recent comic in specifically named file, say cw.com/archives/recent.jpg, it would also allow you to put in some goodies for users.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."