Author Topic: Dr. Horrible  (Read 5931 times)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Dr. Horrible
« on: July 20, 2008, 11:00:10 PM »
HAHA! Check this here out: http://www.drhorrible.com/   ::rofl::

EDIT: Oops... just read that this will only be online until midnight today! Strange...  Well, hope those of you fast enough have enjoyed it!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 11:18:55 PM by Stef »

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Dr. Horrible
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:38:33 PM »
I don't know why but at first when I saw the image before the video started I actually thought it was you or Mike, I never heard of this production, I assume the midnight is US-time since it's 01:37 here, GMT+1 DST, and it's still showing.

Interesting to see who made it, at first I thought it was an amateur show but it now seems a bit more pro. Come to think of it, now the dude reminds me of Wash.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 12:00:03 AM »
It was done by Joss Whedon, the guy behind Buffy the Vampire Sayer and Firefly/Serenity. Captain Hammer in Dr. Horrible was played by Nathan Fillion who played Captain Malcom Reynolds in Firefly and Serenity.

Dr Horrible is played by Neil Patrick Harris of Dougie Howser and How I met your mother fame.

Brian

PS Yes I'm a Browncoat, Otherwise known as a Die hard Firefly/Serenity fan.

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 12:58:28 AM »
Dr. Horrible sort of reminds me of the oldest son in Malcom in the middle i wonder if it is him?
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 01:10:31 AM »

(Q) I suppose you over heard everything?
(A) Only cause I was eavesdropping.
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 02:28:24 AM »
You got it Gil.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 04:10:12 AM »
It was done by Joss Whedon, the guy behind Buffy the Vampire Sayer and Firefly/Serenity. Captain Hammer in Dr. Horrible was played by Nathan Fillion who played Captain Malcom Reynolds in Firefly and Serenity.

Dr Horrible is played by Neil Patrick Harris of Dougie Howser and How I met your mother fame.

Brian

Whedon? Firefly? That guy still active? I have to see this. Thanks for the heads-up. Browncoats forever!

Anyway, does anyone know Kevin Smith? Clerks, Jay and silent Bob, Dogma? Had a fit one day and saw all 6 films of his back to back. Great movies, of the entertaining type and not too serious of course, and the guy is a huge fan of comics!
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 05:05:39 AM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

None of this makes any sense to this old fart!  What the heck was this all about anyway?  I only got through about 1/2 of the first installment before I lost interest.   ::sulk::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 05:42:35 AM »

Brian

Have no idea what all of this about but:

Neil Patrick Harris! ! . . . hated him as Dougie Howser . . . REALLY like him in "How I met your mother" !!!
you guys gotta check out that show on CBS, probably my most favorite show on TV right now! I am collecting all seasons! (something I rarely do)

Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 01:36:27 PM »
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

None of this makes any sense to this old fart!  What the heck was this all about anyway?  I only got through about 1/2 of the first installment before I lost interest.   ::sulk::

This will answer some of your questions

Firefly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_%28TV_series%29

Dr Horrible http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Horrible

Brian

-

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 06:40:28 PM »
Had a fit one day and saw all 6 films of his back to back.

Geez, I only saw Jay and Bob (btw. R/C you have made a reference once I think) and had enough for WEEK!
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

airtac

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »
WOW !!!----HUH ????
R/C, it's makes sense if you turn your screen on it's side, get stoned, and watch with one eye closed................................. ::whistle::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 03:37:42 AM »
Uhm, yeah....  just like working for the government....  yes, yess...    ::whistle::

::)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »
WOW !!!----HUH ????
R/C, it's makes sense if you turn your screen on it's side, get stoned, and watch with one eye closed................................. ::whistle::

OK, sounds good.  As soon as I run out of flying and truck driving jobs then go on welfare, then I'll take up smoking dope and I'll revisit this website and see if the movie makes any sense then!   ??? ::banghead::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall