Author Topic: Bounce!  (Read 13126 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Bounce!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 09:48:52 PM »
Holy crap, that was you?!!!  (j/k)
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 09:50:46 PM »
Sure was!!

Although don't flip me off next time this happens to you cause I am not sure if the police is really doing this as well or if the just post signs to scare people.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006, 03:12:03 AM »
LOL Good thing since I can't stand speeders, especially not the kind that weaves wildly thrue traffic etc.

Now you brought it up I finally have an excuse to post this picture :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2006, 03:25:48 AM »
 :D  Awesome picture!

Can you imagine coming over a hill and seeing that chin gun pointed at you?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2006, 03:48:02 AM »
That was probably the last image lots of Sadams troops saw in their lifes...

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2006, 01:51:29 PM »
Although the chaingun isnt the badass, the TOW missles are (pack a whooping whallop!) ;D

Offline Aviation Freak

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2006, 11:47:04 PM »
Amazed he didn't call for a re do. ;D  Great comic! ;D

Offline fliboye

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 10:14:28 PM »
Any way someone can make a Cessna sound like that when you bounce???  It would be infinitley better than the "car-hitting-a-brick-wall" sound they make now.  ;D ;D

yeah something like BOOOOOOOOOINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG THEN YOU HEAR THE INSTRUCTOR WHAT THE ***** WAS THAT I SAID THE TREELINE NOTHE CENTERLINE
I got into aviation because it was fun now I'm stuck cause I need the money ;-))))

Offline claudio767

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 12:16:06 AM »
Well, after a loooong time, digging up the topic... Hey, very nice to see the classics. As I only knew Chicken Wings after the new website was released, I missed all the older stripes.

I cannot say anything about Chuck's landing... My first landing yesterday was terrible... I fly a Cessna 152, but has been a long time since my last flight. So... Boeing, Boeing, Boeing... Poor Cessna!!

There's a joke among aviation enthusiasts and pilots here in Brazil. People say it's a true history. Some says it's only a short story.

Once at São Paulo's airport - Congonhas, a pilot landed a Embraer E-120 Brasilia just like that - bouncing many times. The controller said: "Company 123 on the ground at 45, 46, 47, 48..."  The pilot got really mad with that. But all the others were laughing a lot!

Cheers!!
Claudio.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 07:05:25 AM »
I can say from experience that the PC-6 is an AWESOME airplane to fly!  Wish I could get another chance to fly one.

I ain't gonna say a thing about Chuck's 'landings', other than I will admit to having "Been there... Done that."

Such landings are usually billed as "Arrivals".   ::whistle::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 03:38:44 PM »
Hehe, I think we can all relate to this landing, Rooster. I've done a few "Chuck-Landings" myself . . . . ;D
maybe that is where the idea comes from . . .  ::thinking::

And yes, the PC-6 IS awesome! and so pleasant to work on......

Well, after a loooong time, digging up the topic... Hey, very nice to see the classics. As I only knew Chicken Wings after the new website was released, I missed all the older stripes.

you know we have 3 books with ALL the old strips in them, Claudio !?   ;) ;D
(* hint hint *)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 03:40:51 PM »
 Flying from a farmers field I can blame any bouncers on the ruts left from ploughing  ;D
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »
"Do you think he's gonna log all of those?" ROFL :D And what a plane to select! A Pilatus PC-6 Porter Wow! I was actually thinking of asking about that after seeing video proof of it's alleged extreme dive-abilities, from the FL350 site I think.

Btw am I the only one that thinks that Chuck's 172 actually looks more like a 150/152 due to it's shortness (no offence intended at all)?

Well done once again  8)
Frank

Frank, the diving abilities of a Porter?
I have been freefalling next to one and waving to the pilot for about 15-20 seconds...if it wasn't for the prop (and lack of altitude) I could probably have climbed back in, there are plenty of Youtube films of porters and skydivers around I am sure!

...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.

Offline ZAIZAI

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 10:59:07 AM »
Although the chaingun isnt the badass, the TOW missles are (pack a whooping whallop!) ;D

Thought they where Hellfire missiles on there ::thinking:: TOWs are tube launched. Hellfires are designed to take out TANKS! Quite ironic, one or two of them seems to have been used looking at that picture, on a speeder one assumes?
...Lurker...
I don't need an engine and a prop for my Skyarrow anymore...but I do need a testpilot for it. Chuck wanna step up?...on second thought, perhaps not.