Author Topic: Bounce!  (Read 13129 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Bounce!
« on: March 14, 2006, 12:35:12 PM »
"Do you think he's gonna log all of those?" ROFL :D And what a plane to select! A Pilatus PC-6 Porter Wow! I was actually thinking of asking about that after seeing video proof of it's alleged extreme dive-abilities, from the FL350 site I think.

Btw am I the only one that thinks that Chuck's 172 actually looks more like a 150/152 due to it's shortness (no offence intended at all)?

Well done once again  8)
Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
Re: Bounce!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 02:47:42 PM »
Well drawn and not bad :) (not bad because...the Is that you Chuck ? is getting carried out :( no offence!)
But i have seen these things happen....its a good strip guys...

fireflyr

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »
Because it's oh so true it's hilarious!! 

That's how I keep current, logging each bounce as a separate flight.   :D

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 06:55:34 PM »
LOL!!!  Great one Mike and Stef!!  ;D

When I saw this one, I had a flashback to a cartoon I remember I saw in Private Pilot magazine many years back...  It had a student and instructor in the plane, bouncing down the runway....  the instructor is berating his student and saying "I said WATCH THE ENGINE MOUNTS, not WATCH THE ENGINE BOUNCE!"

;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 09:08:40 PM »
LOL!!!  Great one Mike and Stef!!  ;D

When I saw this one, I had a flashback to a cartoon I remember I saw in Private Pilot magazine many years back...  It had a student and instructor in the plane, bouncing down the runway....  the instructor is berating his student and saying "I said WATCH THE ENGINE MOUNTS, not WATCH THE ENGINE BOUNCE!"

;D

Now thats a good one :D;D

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 11:22:24 PM »
Definitely a 172.  You can tell by the window behind the door.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 12:02:15 AM »
Btw am I the only one that thinks that Chuck's 172 actually looks more like a 150/152 due to it's shortness (no offence intended at all)?

Haha! Well, usually when I draw airplanes I look for pictures and then try to "copy" them. But the Cessna 172 (as well as the Hughes 500) appear so often, that I just draw them from memory. Most of the time the Cessna looks a bit shorter than usual, and a bit comicish, I agree... Well, it's a comic and not a documentary, after all!!  :)

As for the "Chuck is that you?" line... Heck, we just can't get enough of it!  ;D

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 02:43:47 AM »
Any way someone can make a Cessna sound like that when you bounce???  It would be infinitley better than the "car-hitting-a-brick-wall" sound they make now.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:54:23 PM by Sleek-Jet »
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 06:26:34 AM »
Yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it?
I bounced myself off the rwy one time in one of those when I was still a rooky....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 07:56:36 AM »
Aaah, a Pilatus PC 6!! Many thanks, Stef! This is such a brilliant airplane, let me tell you all. I’ve learned all my basic technical skills on this superb aircraft in the Austrian army. My parents had been parachutes and had many jumps of this plane. So I can tell the Pilatus by its sound only. Rugged aircraft, rugged engine, unkaputtbar (undestroyable). I’ve left it for helicopters, but not easily. Always nice to see one again, in nature or in comics.
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 02:37:13 PM »
Is that the one they used in Air America?  (Speaking of unrealistic flying movies...)

Offline MO

• Fledgling
  • Any time, any where...
    • The Latin American Aviation Historical Society
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 03:32:41 PM »

Yep. You are right Gulf, they had a couple of Pilatus PC-6s on that movie. Great plane by the way...

Cheers!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 04:41:35 PM »
Air America!!

Another great movie! Probably had more influence on me than Top Gun because I felt "now THIS I can actually go out and do" and migth have something to do why nowadays I fly around in the dessert with a baby blue / baby pooh colored helicopter with a skull painted on the nose . . .
 . . who knows? could be. . .

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 07:46:42 PM »
Ever harrass truckers on the interstate with your helicopter?

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 09:43:30 PM »
uhm no... well kind of.
I was flying a Twin Star from Florida to LA along Hwy 10 and it was blue, silver and white so it almost looked like a Police Helicopter. Through Texas and Arizona the Hwy is reaaaallllly straight and I got bored so I picked out the speeders (you can tell the guys weaving in and out of traffic and passing everybody) and descended down to their level 100 feet or so on the side of the freeway and when they looked over I motioned them to slow down and gave them the "don't do that" motion with my index finger. You should have seen their eyes and how nicely they drove afterwards. !!
HA HA  :D
You know the signs they have on the side of the highway, where it says "speed controlled by aircraft"?
I would have loved to hear the story these people had to tell when they got home!!
Sometimes I also fly 500 feet right over them and fix it so that the shadow of the aircraft comes right over them and then stays on the road right in front of them and that gets them to slow down too. It's a lot of fun and gives me the feeling I am helping out.