Author Topic: Exiting via the Emergency Slide in Guyana  (Read 4741 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Exiting via the Emergency Slide in Guyana
« on: July 08, 2008, 01:54:51 PM »
http://www.gadling.com/2008/07/07/irate-passenger-pulls-emergency-slide-leaves-plane/?icid=200100397x1205090656x1200258125

Here's another reason I wouldn't want to fly for a major airline... drunken, irate passengers!   ::unbelieveable::

Irate first class passenger pulls emergency slide, leaves plane
by Jeffrey White   Jul 7th 2008 @ 8:00AM

There seems to be no shortage of stupid things passengers are doing on planes these days.

The latest boneheaded move happened in Guyana this past Friday. A first class passenger on a Delta flight from New York to Guyana became so angry that economy passengers were exiting the plane before him that he activated the plane's emergency slide and used it to leave the plane.

The Associated Press, via MSNBC.com, is reporting that airport authorities in Guyana promptly arrested the man, who they described as intoxicated. The man posted bail and was released not long after the incident.

Delta says it intends to press charges against the man on the grounds that he obstructed the flight crew.

For those of you out there wondering how much of a hassle it is to repack the emergency slide, Gadling's resident flight attendant Heather Poole says it is a huge expense for an airline, which has to take the plane out of service. "It doesn't get fixed quick, that's for sure," she says.
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Exiting via the Emergency Slide in Guyana
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »
He would of hated to of flown with Aeroflot some years back when they they had to unload the rear passengers first to prevent the plane from sitting on its tail.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:39:28 AM »
What about all those B727 operators when they used to use the same style rear airstair???
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

airtac

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 01:19:14 PM »
What about all those B727 operators when they used to use the same style rear airstair???
Don't about everyone, but DB Cooper like the rear airstair :P :D

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 02:04:46 PM »
They never did get him did they?........................unlike that bloke who used the chute
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:54:30 AM »
They never did get him did they?
No, no sign of DB Cooper ever showed up.
Last year, somebody thought that they found part of his chute, but it was tested and found that it was not his.
None of the money has ever entered circulation.
It is most likely that he never survived and he has become folklore.

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 07:58:42 PM »
Some urban legend says that he is living happily in Florida. TV Series Prison Break (very good!) portraits him in prison - under another name, for another crime though. That crime ought to have happened on his runaway to Mexico.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."