Author Topic: more strange questions by me,and now-helicopters, and the world!  (Read 7836 times)

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
Here I am again, with some really strange questions this time.

1. In Microsoft flight simulator 2004, when you fly a helicopter faster than 110~130 knots, it's starts to vibrate,it happens in real world? and if it does,why?

2.how do you take off with those thing without sending the helicopter turning around itself REALLY fast?

Its time for the strange questions now,well i really got out of israel,and i didn't had a chance to learn about basic stuff about how things going around the world,and i'm not talking about aviation only,so you have to excuse me.

1. Are the season is the same all over the world? i mean,here it's summer,does this means everywhere it's summer?

2.in USA,is there something like border between each state?

3.what is the northest airport in the world?

4.where does coke have the best taste?  ;D

Oh,and if you know any interesting place to fly in,can you tell me? (would be glad for their ICAOs) i've seen all Israel ten time,landed and took off everywhere and I'm looking for new things.
thanks   ::sweat::
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: more strange questions by me,and now-helicopters, and the world!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 05:56:57 AM »
Ok I'll see what I can answer of this.

1. In Microsoft flight simulator 2004, when you fly a helicopter faster than 110~130 knots, it's starts to vibrate,it happens in real world? and if it does,why?
I think that's because of software limitations or errors in the file that dictates the specific add-on helicopter, however vibration or oscilation can probably happend in real life too under some circumstances.

2.how do you take off with those thing without sending the helicopter turning around itself REALLY fast?
By liftting the collective really slowly and get a feel for when the helicopter starts to become light while making sure the torque-pedals are precisely compensating for the torque from the main rotor. Some helicopters require manual adjustment depending on how much thrust the rotor is giving, I heard other helicopters automatically adjust that, I think. Basically, the higher you lift the collective, the more you need to press down on one fo the pedals to keep the helicopter fuselage from turning (yawing).

1. Are the season is the same all over the world? i mean,here it's summer,does this means everywhere it's summer?
Nope, under equator it's the opposite, just ask Gibbo.

I'm not sure about this but I think there's just a sign or such, no border or borderpatrol.

Sorry, no idea, but it might be on Greenland, but then again, it might not be, however I'm pretty sure someone else here probably knows.

By coke do you mean any soda or Coca Cola specifically (I've heard that besides "soda" and "pop" then some places in USA use "coke" as any soda and not just Coca Cola). In any case, my oppinion is any fridge that's really cold :)

Oh,and if you know any interesting place to fly in,can you tell me? (would be glad for their ICAOs) i've seen all Israel ten time,landed and took off everywhere and I'm looking for new things.
thanks   ::sweat::
Hmm, interesting can be a lot of things, but sadly I haven't really been to that many airports so I wouldn't know, but I'm sure several others here have tons of suggestions :)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:01:49 AM »
Well, I'll take a shot at answering the questions that I can for you.

1 & 2 Helo questions)  No Idea.  I'm a fixed wing pilot.

Now for the strange questions:

1)  Not everyplace has four seasons.  In much of the tropics, it is summer all the time.  However, many tropical places have a rainy season and a dry season.  India, and the Serengetti plains of Africa are two good examples of that.  Many deserts also have the same seasons.

2)  No physical barriers exist between the States of the USA.  There are some restrictions on commercial trucks, but otherwise once you are in the USA you are free to go where you wish.  No restrictions.

3)  According to Wikipedia, Svalbard Airport (a.k.a. Spitzbergen Island) is the northernmost airport with commercial service at 78 degrees, 15 minutes latitude.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalbard_Airport,_Longyear  I know the Soviet Union once had a secret airfield on an iceflow in the Arctic Ocean, but I do not know what happened to it after the end of the Cold War.

4)  Can't help you here re: Best Tasting Coca Cola.  I drink Pepsi!   ::cowboy::

Lastly... If you are looking for interesting fly-in sites on your computer, try Telluride CO (KTEX), Avalon CA (KAVX), Loreto BCSur Mexico (MMLT), or Roche Harbor WA (W39).  That should do it for a few sessions.   |:)\

"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:09:32 AM »
OK ill leave the heli questions alone but will answer the rest:
Scotland only has two seasons now, Autumn and Spring, winter and summer only lasts a day maybe a week if you are lucky  :P only kidding there is a saying "if you stand around long enough you will experience all four seasons in one day" which is almost true.
hardly drink cola or Pepsi I'm a Barr's Irn Bru man "made in Glasgow from Girders"
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:10:46 AM »

Hell yeah---can you imagine if all the pepes got out of Utah.. ::eek:: ::unbelieveable:: ::eek::

Just ask airtac--he has pics of some of them.. ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 01:37:52 PM »

1.  In a helicopter, as you go faster, think of your advancing and retreating blades.  You have some interesting dynamics.  Besides, they always vibrate - They are flying fatigue machines.

2.  To take off, you lift the collective.  During this, if the helicopter starts to rotate left or right, you adjust your foot pedals to control your anti-torque.  Each time is different because the wind comes from different angles and speeds.  You also adjust your rotor so that you are not pulling sideways, front or back.  To have fun, watch a student work to take off in one.

As to interesting airports, in Washington State, we have one airport that is half in the US and half in Canada....  Just think of flying the pattern and how many times you cross the international border. 
http://www.airnav.com/airport/69s
   UNITED STATES BASED AIRCRAFT SHOULD PARK ON U.S. SIDE OF RAMP (SOUTH) AND CANADIAN BASED AIRCRAFT SHOULD PARK ON NORTH SIDE OF RAMP.
Photo
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/aviation/AllStateAirports/Laurier_AveyFieldState.htm

Offline Aviation Freak

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 01:56:58 PM »
1.  In a helicopter, as you go faster, think of your advancing and retreating blades.  You have some interesting dynamics.  Besides, they always vibrate - They are flying fatigue machines.

2.  To take off, you lift the collective.  During this, if the helicopter starts to rotate left or right, you adjust your foot pedals to control your anti-torque.  Each time is different because the wind comes from different angles and speeds.  You also adjust your rotor so that you are not pulling sideways, front or back.  To have fun, watch a student work to take off in one.

As to interesting airports, in Washington State, we have one airport that is half in the US and half in Canada....  Just think of flying the pattern and how many times you cross the international border. 
   UNITED STATES BASED AIRCRAFT SHOULD PARK ON U.S. SIDE OF RAMP (SOUTH) AND CANADIAN BASED AIRCRAFT SHOULD PARK ON NORTH SIDE OF RAMP.
Photo

I'm going to check that place out on X-Plane! :D

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »
Best tasting coke? Buy a Pepsi. Any country using real sugar should be fine, for example US uses HFCS - some chemical thing instead of cane sugar.

Interesting places for flying in and out of are for sure Innsbruck LOWI and Madeira Funchal LPMA. Flying in and out of Gatwick must be really interesting from pilot point of view, as it is single runway.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »
Besides, they always vibrate - They are flying fatigue machines.

Only if they are out of track and balance..
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 04:12:35 PM »
Besides, they always vibrate - They are flying fatigue machines.

Only if they are out of track and balance..

You mean - if they have their engines on?

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 04:24:46 PM »

1. In the real worl you usually don't get to go much faster either. Like Ragwing already mentioned, it has to do with the advancing blades and the retreading blades. As your airframe goes faster and faster, the blades "moving backwards" to the tail start flying slower and slower through the air because of the forward movement of your helicopter while the "advancing blades" fly fatser and faster. Eventually you'll have either the retreading blades strart to stall (= vibration) OR the advancing blade tip reaching supersonic speeds (=vibrations) (only on really fast helicopters)

4.I am a Pepsi fan but I did have coke in:
Germany
Cyprus
Austria
USA
Greece
Turkey
Mexico

and it's the sweetest in Austria.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 06:51:30 AM »
Photo

Heck Ragwing, I've only been to Blaine WA (4W6) along the Canadian border.  Landing or taking off requires you to cross the international border if you are in the pattern, but it is a US airport only.  I don't even know if you can clear customs there! 

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

airtac

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 11:48:42 AM »

Hell yeah---can you imagine if all the pepes got out of Utah.. ::eek:: ::unbelieveable:: ::eek::

Just ask airtac--he has pics of some of them.. ::whistle:: ::whistle::

NAKED  pics of them ;)

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 01:06:05 AM »
Mom's old hometown airport is just south of the Canadaian border. It's a North south runway too. One of the Pilots where I used to wok has a grass strip at his folks farm. the end of one runway is the Canadian border.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 12:13:44 AM »

The most northern airport is CFS Alert on Ellesmere Island. It is also the most northerly permanent inhabited settlement in the world. Although it is Military Station, not a commercial airport. It was established during the Cold War as a weather station, but quickly fell under direction of the Canadian Military. It's closer to Moscow, than Ottawa.
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES