Author Topic: "Summer Heat" July 1st 2008  (Read 8329 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: "Summer Heat" July 1st 2008
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 02:11:24 AM »

that's about 47 degrees Celsius for you Europeans....

I heard a story once that the first Diamond Katanas became "unglued" when they first started to ship them to Arizona and New Mexico because the Austrian didn't expect them to get that hot sitting on the ramp and the planes actually started reaching the same temperatures as when they bonded the materials.
Could be a rumor though.....

Don't know about coming unglued but the ones I flew had a tough time starting as soon as the temp went over 90F.  Didn't help that most of the students wouldn't use the hot start procedure and vapor lock the engines.
[/quote]

No Eddy, this was way before you started flying . . . like 10 or so years ago....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
Re: "Summer Heat" July 1st 2008
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »

that's about 47 degrees Celsius for you Europeans....

I heard a story once that the first Diamond Katanas became "unglued" when they first started to ship them to Arizona and New Mexico because the Austrian didn't expect them to get that hot sitting on the ramp and the planes actually started reaching the same temperatures as when they bonded the materials.
Could be a rumor though.....

Oh well still had engine problems when I flew them.

Don't know about coming unglued but the ones I flew had a tough time starting as soon as the temp went over 90F.  Didn't help that most of the students wouldn't use the hot start procedure and vapor lock the engines.

No Eddy, this was way before you started flying . . . like 10 or so years ago....
[/quote]
WOW I did that!