Author Topic: The sky are thundering!  (Read 3542 times)

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
The sky are thundering!
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:24:31 PM »
I am really nervous,i have counted 30 blackhawks and several apache in the past 45 minutes,it's not training day,and i can't find any NOTAMs saying that there is a drill or closed aerodomes,they are landing at the closest airport on the army and the civil runway,some of them are flying without any lights,they aren't flying on any route i know (civil or army) and ad another six blackhawks, i have no idea what the heck is going on (add another two blackhawks) and i am really really nervous,bring up speculations...  :-X
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Re: The sky are thundering!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:33:54 PM »
I heard there is some sort of negotiation with the Palestinian Government or some radical group within it. Any sort of trading of prisoners going on or something?
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:51:44 PM »
well,we finally got to an agreement with the Hezbollah,a terrorism organization on Lebanon that took two Israeli soldiers in prison in the summer of 2006,we do not know if they are dead or alive,but we are paying with 4 terrorist and Samir Quntar,which i personally would kill if could, this man killed part of my family.
but this whole transfer is going to happen in a neutral country,probably Germany,so this helicopters probably had nothing to do with it,but there was alot of them,from the noon until now i counted around 100 passes,which means that they are the same helicopters over and over again.
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 11:54:49 PM »
Could it be just a training excersise or border patrol?
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 11:46:08 PM »
Could be any number of reasons.  We had a whole bunch of F-16, A-10's and Toranado's parked at the international airport once last summer.  Apparently there was a fuel spill near the runway at the air force base, so they all had to divert.  I've also seen them stage the agressor team out of the civilian airport during war games too.

Last week I had C-17's doing touch and goes over my house for about 3 hours one night.  I'm guessing they were getting ready for an air show demonstration in Anchorage.  Blackhawks, Chinooks and Kiowa's doing pattern work for hours at a time is pretty common here.

Phil