Author Topic: Air Ambulance, etc.  (Read 7092 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Air Ambulance, etc.
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:08:22 PM »
I haven't posted any pics lately, so here's a couple.  First one is the Citation II I am flying for the air ambulance.  Its back in service, and I am going to be flying it to KDVT, KABQ, and KRST and back to KDVT tomorrow, then KLAS-KPDX-KLGB and home on Friday.  A busy couple of days!

Second pic is a Citation Eagle that I have been flying for an individual out of Long Beach.  Single-pilot, and the Pratt & Whitney engines were replaced by larger Williams FJ44 engines.  Sucker climbs like a raped ape, and cruises about 40-50kts faster than a stock Citation.  I'm having fun with this one!   8) ;D

Now all I need are a few more contract clients so I don't have to contemplate breaking out my CDL in order to feed my family...   ???
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:10:21 PM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
Re: Air Ambulance, etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 02:07:31 AM »
You're flying Air Ambulance???  ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek::

Ya know, it was by reading the story of a guy flying air ambulance on a Beech King Air that I started dreaming to be a pilot some years ago!

Stories and photos all welcome!
It's all Greek to me!

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 11:59:02 PM »
Now all I need are a few more contract clients so I don't have to contemplate breaking out my CDL in order to feed my family...   ???

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o If things are slack take up a part time job landscaping or male prostitution, but don't go back to trucking!!!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 06:14:50 AM »
Male Prostitution!?!?!?  I don't think so!!!   ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo::  I'll leave that avenue of employment to the male FA's that offer BJ's on RyanAir's transatlantic first class service!   ::sick::

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 02:03:56 AM »
I got home last night from my trip for the air ambulance yesterday evening, and now I'm home on standby.  Here's a few pics from Friday's trip:

Pic 1:  In the cockpit, Vegas to Portland OR at FL 360

Pic 2:  Crater Lake National Park.  The water was ABSOLUTELY still, so it reflected the surrounding mountains like a mirror!

Pics 3 & 4:  Mt Shasta on my way to Long Beach.  Kinda strange to see so much snow on this old volcano so late in June while there are so many fires all around northern California.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:23:06 AM by Rooster Cruiser »

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 04:02:35 PM »
Nice planes you fly. I had a possibility to check an Excell really closely (from outside only, unfortunately) two weeks ago. First non-corporate bizjet in Kosice, third or fourth at all. We only two stationd now though. Other one is a Hawker 800.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:00:34 AM »
LTNS undatc!  Which ARTCC Center or Tower did you end up being hired by?

Thanks for the offer, but I haven't flown either of those two Citations since last August.  Things changed around quickly for me at that time.  I am going back to Air Ambulance on the east coast this week... starting a new job.  There is an outside chance that I may return to Africa with this outfit and fly an air ambulance out of Cote d'Ivoir.

Do please post a thread for us on what you are doing now and where we can find you in the ATC system!   ::wave::

RC